Saved game won't load on Avernum

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Saved game won't load on Avernum
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #0
I am playing Avernum and the games I have won't load. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I started over and played for about a week, but I left to go camping and when I came back the games wouldn't load. Any suggestions?

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
Well, possibly your saved games have been deleted. What does it say when you try to load your game?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #2
It says the game encountered an error saving/loading/creating a scenario. I'd copy and paste the exact words but I can't select the text. (Another problem ;) )

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #3
Hmmmm... I'd try re-downloading, but that'd might permantly delete your saved files, which would be bad. First off, check your recycling bin, see if there are any Avernum files in there. If there are, restore 'em.

If that dosen't work, I don't know why that's happening.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #4
That is exactly what I did last time. The saved games stopped working so I just started a new game and downloaded a new game. I am less willing to start over for the second time. Anyways, I found DrawSprocketlib in the trash. ( No idea how it got there) Where is the place that it goes again?

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
It sounds like a gremlin has been messing with your computer. Any siblings? Alternatively, someone downloaded a fresh copy of Avernum and installed it, effectively uninstalling your registered version.

*this message funded by the moth in the mainframe*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #6
Perhaps you're trying to open it with the wrong Avernum game, or have the wrong folder open?

Try doing a search for all the ".sav" files on your computer.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Bobo Returns:

That is exactly what I did last time. The saved games stopped working so I just started a new game and downloaded a new game. I am less willing to start over for the second time. Anyways, I found DrawSprocketlib in the trash. ( No idea how it got there) Where is the place that it goes again?
If you have DrawSprocketlib, then you've using a Mac then. I think it either goes in the System Folder or in whatever Avernum folder that you're missing DrawSprocketlib in. On how it got to the Trash bin, it's either that someone probably used your computer and trashed it on purpose, or something new was downloaded that overwritten the old DrawSprocketlib. That's just my two cents on it.

[ Thursday, August 04, 2005 07:13: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #8
Yeah, I put DrawsprocketLib in the System Folder and now it is working fine. Now if I just figure out how to free Grah Hoth... ;)

--------------------