Shaping-Improving Vestments

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shaping-Improving Vestments
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #0
I've read in a few threads that it's only necessary to wear gear that improves creations when you initially shape them. Does this mean that the gear I wear around that increase creation statistics while decreasing some of my stats isn't doing anything?

If this is incorrect, or there's another post out there detailing this, just let me know, please.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
An item that increases your shaping skill (and so a creation's initial level) can be put on just to shape the creation and can then be taken off. On the other hand, an item that improves a creation's statistic, like strength, needs to be worn in order for the creation to be affected.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #2
This is something I'd like to see change. It's a little too easy to "cheat" and use certain items to beef up a creation, then equip something that's otherwise powerful.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

This is something I'd like to see change. It's a little too easy to "cheat" and use certain items to beef up a creation, then equip something that's otherwise powerful.
Hmm, I never really thought of it as cheating... In fact, it seems somewhat logical... When the main character equips a certain magical item, magical powers pour into his/her mind and tell him/her how to to make a drayk, then when it is taken off, the main character suddenly has amnesia and can't remember how he/she did it. Or maybe the main character just needs this item as power enhancement, whatever. Anyway, since the creation was fully made, it doesn't disappear when the item is taken off.
Yes, I know this may sound lame. But seriously, I think it's part of the gameplay.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #4
quote:

The stealing isn't a cheat? :cool:

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, I never really thought of it as cheating... In fact, it seems somewhat logical... When the main character equips a certain magical item, magical powers pour into his/her mind and tell him/her how to to make a drayk, then when it is taken off, the main character suddenly has amnesia and can't remember how he/she did it. Or maybe the main character just needs this item as power enhancement, whatever. Anyway, since the creation was fully made, it doesn't disappear when the item is taken off.
Yes, I know this may sound lame. But seriously, I think it's part of the gameplay.

it increaces the magicle powers of the main carictor wile its on to help put more power into the creation..its not cheating :D
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
There's a quote button. Use it. If you want the whole post to be quoted, click on the quotation marks above the post you want quoted. If you only want part of a post, copy the text you want and hit the QUOTE button on the Post A Reply screen and paste the text in the space between the quote tags.

[QUOTEDikiyoba never thought that Dikiyoba would miss seeing quotes like this. At least this is obvious that it's a quote.][/QUOTE]
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #7
Theft, MagmaDragoon, is possible in real life. The fact that your party members can take stuff without being noticed is either
a) an inherent sleight of hand possessed by creations, Alwan, and Greta, or
b) cheating.
Since we can't Shape, Jeff gets to make up rules for it. So, as The Lurker articulates:

quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

... we should accept the game as it is.

Note the quote.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by llama:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it increaces the magicle powers of the main carictor wile its on to help put more power into the creation..its not cheating :D

You learned how to write, I see... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think you are right when you say that is part of the gameplay.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

quote:

The above was written by The Lurker.
quote:
Originally written by llama:

The above was written by llama in response.

llama never said anything about the gameplay. The Lurker did, but llama messed up the quotes and attributed the writing to himself. Luckily, it's not that bad because most people would have already read what llama misquoted and noticed that llama misquoted.

[ Saturday, April 08, 2006 07:38: Message edited by: St. Ashby the Martyr ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #10
quote:

Theft, MagmaDragoon, is possible in real life. The fact that your party members can take stuff without being noticed is either
a) an inherent sleight of hand possessed by creations, Alwan, and Greta, or
b) cheating.
Since we can't Shape, Jeff gets to make up rules for it. So, as The Lurker articulates:

Then why is it that Alwan's "slight of hand" doesn't work whenever you are nearby? :) And how can your fyora who can't carry a single item steal a whole shop full of weapons without the merchant notincing? And why can it do this only when your character isn't around.

Some game mechanics quirks can be reasonably explained away. Some are obvious bugs. The one with stealing by creatures falls into second category.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #11
Gahh! Oh my MY DRAKON ATTACK ME!!!!!! AH RUN AWAY!!! (too many enchantments for it

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."