Ain't Gonna Happen in Geneforge...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Ain't Gonna Happen in Geneforge...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #50
Dikiyoba would like batons a lot more if they automatically reloaded.
Apprentice
Member # 6772
Profile #51
Oh, wow. I'm never playing a Yu-gi-oh game after kicking tail on a Geneforge game.

Ain't gonna happen in Geneforge OR real life: Geneforge TCG!!!

--------------------
Who am I?
I'm a dragon, not a drayk.
Drayks can't fly, but I can.
I fight with lightning, not fire.
Who am I?
I'm Tesability Black, the Black Thunder Dragon!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #52
I concur. Batons are somewhat obsolete. The thorns are too few and far between; perhaps you should be able to load any thorn into any type of baton? And batons can be distinguished by strength (as opposed to thorn type)?

- Flying creations. Vlish and their variants can hover, but I am not satisfied. Despite the difficulty of implementing turn-based flight, Nick demands it in GF4.
- "An upgraded form of an ornk, like a Cryoa is a Fyora's upgraded form." So Fyora is to Cryoa as Ornk is to ... Fyornk? Drayk, Drakon; Ornk, Ornkon. Ur-Ornk. Urnk. Ornkbeast. Submission Ornk. Tusked Ornk. Meaty Ornk. Tasty Ornk ... Delicious Vlish.
- Sex. Not the verb, but the collective noun, and my choice to use it incorrectly, drawing attention. What about male Agents or female Guardians? There are NPC's that have appearances that reflect their gender ... I mean, who here has seen Samus Aran, from the Metroid series? Despite traditionalists who think Samus is a guy, she takes off her suit--as a Guardian should be able to--to reveal a set of, er, "bodacious tatas." Can't this affect gameplay? I wanted to seduce Diwaniya but still beat him up.
- Shifty NPC's. I think I caught Lady Anjali smoking out of some "Shaper Equipment." Afterwards, she sold me a blunt for 150 coins. Lord Rahul sent me to Chadwick Prison. Damn it all.
- Huestess. And (s?)he pissed me off. The BIG SECRET in Spirits' City was kind of a letdown for me, honestly.

[ Thursday, March 23, 2006 19:26: Message edited by: Nick Ringer ]

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Apprentice
Member # 6938
Profile #53
You cannot win. The final bosses imprison you in a dugeon that takes an hour to go through (to make sure that you saved inside) and there is no escape.

You play as a servile in a shaper world.
As the servile you would constantly have to fetch things for people (wait...).

You are told of a merchant that makes the best weapons in the world, but when you go see him, he becomes so frightened he has a heart attack and dies.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #54
That's hilarious. Whoever voted your karma down to one star needs a kick in the nutbasket.

Still, I only save about once per two hours of play. I use quicksave otherwise. So nyaa, I'd get back out.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Apprentice
Member # 7385
Profile #55
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

In related news, it has always bothered me that, assuming Geneforge takes place in our universe, the Law of Conservation of Matter is broken each time you Shape a new Creation. But Einstein's Relativity Theory does state that matter is energy. Therefore the Shaping process must consist of some fission in which energy (Essence from the Shaper's body) is transformed into matter, and the Absorbtion process must consist of fusion, in which mass is transformed back into energy. This is all well and good in theory, but keep in mind that fusion produces such rich energy that (according to Einstein) a two-pound brick, if spontaneously transformed into pure energy, would destroy our planet. So can it be that the Shapers are that powerful? Maybe Creations are weighed in amu ... or maybe I'm just not giving Jeff a chance.

Hooray.

I've always just assumed that shaping involves taking the component sub-atomic particles from the atmosphere and the surroundings and such, and forming them into creatures. Of course, doing this would be so unimaginably complicated that figuring out how to make a Fyora would take an immortal shaper and a considerably more generous 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, but hey, this is magic, right?

--------------------
The Lottery is a tax on people who can't do math.

Live forever or die trying!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #56
Remember, the relation between energy and mass depends on the speed of light. Maybe the speed of light in the Geneforge universe is just really, really slow, so a given amount of mass has less energy in it.

(Okay, so a physicist could almost certainly explain why a major change in the speed of light would have catastrophic consequences for the universe. So don't think too hard about it.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
Originally written by TesabilityBlack:

I think I just heard someone vote me as "Most Creative Imagination" over here...
That's a joke, right?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #58
Thralni, don't forget how old this thread is. Tesability Black isn't even around anymore.

Dikiyoba.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #59
Oh well. Often I forget to look at the number of pages of a topic and its posting date. In that case I answer to a long answered question, or, like now, make a worthless comment.

Still, that really was a truly arrogant remark. I guess he is very insecure.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #60
She.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #61
Arrogant? What? That was random.

In other news, I think we're done here.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages