Turning off full-screen?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Turning off full-screen?
Apprentice
Member # 6189
Profile #0
I'm hoping there is a way to play Geneforge 3 (on PC) in a window as opposed to the full-screen option. I know I could do this in BoA, but I can't figure out how to do it in G3. Any help? Thanks...

[ Monday, August 08, 2005 07:57: Message edited by: J Temperance ]
BANNED
Member # 5941
Profile Homepage #1
This mode is not supported. You can try to hack it however.
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #2
Are you possibly trying to play GF3 while at work?! Oh my goodness if you are... I could see the need to have a smaller window that would be easy to minimize when the boss comes in.

Welllllllllllllll....... I will say I've played all GF and Avernum and Exile games, plus a coupla other Spidweb games while at work...

Probably been payed thousands of dollars to play games w/o them knowing over the past 8 years.

:rolleyes:
Apprentice
Member # 6189
Profile #3
Who me?! ;)
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #4
I know this isn't quite the same as being able to minimize the game, but since you are on a PC, your keyboard should have a window key (has the windows logo on it) right between ctrl and alt keys on both sides of your keyboard. I use this one a lot when I flip back and forth between playing and reading the walkthrough. Beats saving and reloading the game.
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #5
Holly,

I am MOST thankful for the windows key that minimizes the program. I don't know HOW many times it has saved me from absolute shame for playing during work hours. Of course, I should be working right now, sooooooo.....
Apprentice
Member # 6189
Profile #6
Holly, thanks! That is helpful info, and I appreciate it.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #7
If you are using Windows, there is an even better combination:

Alt+Tab (Hold down Alt key and press Tab)

This switches to the last program you were using before the current one. So if your last program was whatever you were supposed to be working on, it'll look like you are hard at work. :)

Alt+Tab is also useful when switching between game and notes/walkthroughs. (If you hit Tab several times, you'll scroll through the list of previous programs, so you can select the one you want to switch to.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #8
Wow! Even better, Zeviz. Thanks.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #9
The problem with ALT + TAB is that it doesn't minimize the program, it just puts it "behind" the thing(s) you called up. And if the windows are different sizes... So if you're trying to hide things, the WIN key is probably better, but if you're just flipping through things, use ALT + TAB.

Hope that helps!

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #10
Pressing the windows key + d is also very useful as it minimised all the windows and takes you back to the desktop
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00