In nearly impossible situation

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: In nearly impossible situation
Apprentice
Member # 6171
Profile #0
Hey again,

I've gotten to the point to where I can't get past any of the areas that are red in the west part of Dhonal's Isle.

Inflitrated Shore and Infested Mountains have rogues which I cannot beat yet, though my main guy is level 18 at the moment.

does anyone have any good advice on fighting large groups of rogues? it seems as if I've made too many mistakes throughout the game...
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
It would help if we knew whether you were a Guardian, Agent, or Shaper, and what creations/NPCs you have, if any.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6171
Profile #2
Am a Guardian with Alwan as sidekick, with 2 Vlish creations also with me that I made.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
You haven't been around on alll places in all previouse areas, have you? You should have reached Level 20 by the time you finished the first 5-6 areas in the most SE region of Dhonald's.

But, to give some concrete help, put on all your infiltrator items (vest, tunic, gloves) and head off to the Acidic Valley. I hope you got atleast 6 Mech to begin with. This valley alone will score you enough XP for 1.5 levels.

[ Monday, August 08, 2005 03:05: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 6180
Profile Homepage #4
Do you want some good cheats?

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt."
~~~Mark Twain
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
Where are your skills invested? Soon you should be able to make a few Glaahks, which should be more potent than two Vlish. Or be a beast in melee combat with lots of quick action and parry. And don't forget that you can fight rogues in smaller bunches, retreat to a town and heal up, and return.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #6
Guardian is the hardest class to play. (Shaper or Agent would have much easier game.)

If you have relatively high leadership, try using items to boost it to 10 and using Leadership/Mechanics routes. In some areas you can completely avoid fights even without leadership. In infiltrated shore (I think that's the one), where you are attacked by large patrols, you can make it less likely for patrols to notice you if you find and activate sporeboxes hidden in the forest.

When you reach the General, you'll be able to use the help of hist troops in many areas.

Another suggestion would be to decrease game difficulty.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 6171
Profile #7
I've decided to start over again, using all of the advice from everyone who replied to me.

This time I'm an Agent and will use my magic powers to my advantage.

Thanks for the input!
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #8
Does anyone else feel the need to clear EVERY red area before moving to the next island, or is it just me? I just can't stand to see a red area b/c I know there are rogues there that need to be sliced and diced....
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Guardian is the hardest class to play. (Shaper or Agent would have much easier game.)

Hmmmm.. not necessarily. I have played a guardian loyalist (with a few middle of the road answers) with Greta and Alwan as my "assistants" up until I left for Gull Island. Greta deserted me because I killed the creator. I've used no canisters, no creations, no magic other than the healing ones, have not made any enhanced items (as yet) and I am part way through Gull Island. Granted, I play on easy the first time through but still it's challenging to get through. I tried as a Shaper and an Agent but found them to be rather wimpy in the endurance department.

I chose to restart the game after forgetting where I dropped my perfect crystal on Spears. But I did make it about 1/3 of the way through there before I restarted.

[ Tuesday, August 09, 2005 19:38: Message edited by: NanaBanana ]
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #10
I guess it somewhat depends on your playing style. For me, Shapers are easiest. For you, Guardians might be better. However, most people consider guardian to be slightly harder in Gf3. (In Gf2, he was much easier because of super-strength parry skill.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
Is Dhonal's island the second island in the chain? if so, the red areas you mentioned are the areas with a red background and yellow questionmark? So it is possible to come there? i thought you can't come there becasue I didn't register the game...

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 182
Profile #12
Dhonal's Isle is the third in the chain. Harmony is the second. To get past the question marks on Harmony you do need to register.

--------------------
All things are possible, except skiing through a revolving door.
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by arkadilo:

Does anyone else feel the need to clear EVERY red area before moving to the next island, or is it just me? I just can't stand to see a red area b/c I know there are rogues there that need to be sliced and diced....
Yes, I do. I clear everything.
And I really hate it when there's one tiny little thing you have to do to turn the area green and you can't find it even though every rogue is dead and every lock is picked or busted open.

edit: I even hate to leave the testing grounds behind when I know there's more to accomplish. Same with Kyra's refuge -- I know I'm gonna get my butt handed to me, but I gotta go in there anyway and try.

[ Wednesday, August 10, 2005 04:24: Message edited by: mok ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #14
I want as much XP as possible, so I clear everything. Back in G1 I "milked" the spawners too, and kept killing the creations for XP untill they either gave too little XP for me to bother about (usually 5) or I got up to my next level. It took allot of time, but I did it.
Back then a Spawner would never "run out" of creations.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #15
I don't know how many levels I advanced thanks to the Spawners of old. I would do the same thing, just keep letting them make rogues and squish them for experience. Jeff became wise to the practice unfortunately....

Of course, you can always hang out at the infested swamps which never stop generating annoying thads....