Evil Cannisters?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Evil Cannisters?
Apprentice
Member # 6165
Profile #0
So, what exactly are the drawbacks of an extensive use of the augmentations cannisters?
The effects on people like Hoge and Littalia are obvious, but how do they affect your character?
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #1
Look at the first reply in this topic. Oh, and I think you get some sort of "canister ending" if you use a lot but I haven't finished the game yet.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Apprentice
Member # 6165
Profile #2
I saw that topic, but didn´t think it had to do with the cannisters. ^^;;
But talking about loosing control, did this rule also apply to the two prequels?

[ Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:54: Message edited by: Gumba Masta ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
In Geneforge 2, using a lot of canisters got you into one or two fights that you wouldn't otherwise get into, and had a small effect on the ending.

In Geneforge 1, canisters were basically the only means to get spells and creations, and you were expected to use as many as you found without penalty (although you did get slightly alarming messages in some places if you'd used a lot of them.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6165
Profile #4
I guess they shaped them stronger since then.Or they lost some of theyr potency in the century since they were created.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #5
In Geneforge 1, the isle was ancient and the Shapers from it may not have realized that the power of the canisters could make them too overcome with greed for more power.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #6
There are a few points where canister use forces you into a fight you can otherwise avoid, it doesn't matter too much in terms of gameplay overall, but using more than 6 affects some of the ending text.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #7
The ending has some different wordings dependent on whether you use leass than 6 or 6 or more... But ultimately, it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I've seen both endings.
Apprentice
Member # 7167
Profile #8
If you use like 7 canisters in Geneforge 3, in the end (Im about to spoil the ending so skip this post if you are not done yet)in the end you the Shaper leaders will notice that you used the canisters, as you have the same affects as Litalia and Hoge. Because of this, they will imprison you in your tent with chains and all that stuff. But then they will be attacked and they let you out and you win. There's more but that is off topic. :P

--------------------
Apprentice: Whats that canister thingy?
Shaper Teacher: Do not touch it or else i will!...I will!
Appprentice: Will what?
Shaper Teacher: Well im so weak i cant hurt you so...
I WILL MAKE MY LVL 100 UR-DRAKON KILL YOU!!!
*Apprentice uses canister*
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
If a thread is more than a few days old, it's usually considered good manners not to post in it again unless you have a really compelling reason to do so.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #10
I, personally, like to have my guy go a little mad with power after using every single canister that he can get his hands on even if it isn't relative to his build. Those of the Shapers are afraid of true power!

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche