How many times have you played GF3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How many times have you played GF3
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #0
Just wondering how many times people have completed the game (if even once). I'm working on my fourth, but am quickly getting bored now...

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ULTbjJcnSjgr"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ULTbjJcnSjgr"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Always on torment:
1. Rebel - Agent
2. Loyalist - Shaper
3. Rebel, but used all opportunities to gain more power - Agent
4. Loyalist - Guardian, it was the first time I've played through a GF game as a Guardian.
5. I was testing a cheat script that changed various things in different places, so I had to play all the way through to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I've played a couple times using the challenges people have posted, but I didn't play all the way through.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #2
Your poll is missing an important category: "less than 1 time" (for those who got bored in the middle).

I marked "1 time", but I haven't actually finished the game. I'll probabaly finish it later, but at the moment my answer is "0.6 times".

For comparison, I've gone through Gf1 over 2 times and gone through Gf2 2 times with several branches in the middle to see multiple endings.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
1 - Loyalist Agent.
1 - Rebel Agent.

Half-way to finish my Rebel Guardian.
Half-way to finish my Loyalist Shaper.

[ Friday, July 22, 2005 12:47: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #4
Twice as a loyalist (agent & guardian), 0.9 times as a rebel shaper. I, too, have gotten bored. Oh well, I'll try to struggle through the FAQ before the month is up.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #5
oops. I thought I had thought of every option. But thanks for participating anyways!
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #6
I have played many times. After a while it gets very boring.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #7
Thrice:

Loyalist Shaper (No Cannisters)
Rebel Shaper (Cannisters)
Loyalist Agent (No Cannisters)

As you can see, I like the Shapers more than the Rebels. I currently have a Loyalist Guardian stuck in the middle of Harmony Island, but it's unlikely he'll finish.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #8
1.75, I have won the game 1 time, I have played the game half way through a second time, and I have tried to start several new games but I was bored to death by the utterly slow begining.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Apprentice
Member # 2298
Profile #9
Add me to the "didn't finish even once" list. I just got bored with the story. The enchanted anvil didn't do much for agents, that I could see. I'm hoping that Jeff changes a few things before making any more games. They're getting to be a maze of twisty passages, all alike.

[ Tuesday, July 26, 2005 08:46: Message edited by: crpgnut ]

--------------------
'nut
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Harlequin:

I have tried to start several new games but I was bored to death by the utterly slow begining.
I agree with you on the very slow beginning. I wish the game would have the option of skipping the tutorial section. Most everyone knew how all the buttons worked on the first try since they are so close to the same thing on the other GF games.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #11
First time through I did as a solo agent, played rebel until I got to Dhonal then switched to Loyalist.

I started playing it through a second time, this time as a shaper with both companions along for the ride, and remaining a rebel all the way through. However, I soon got EV Nova to work properly and Geneforge 3 went flying out the window.

3 isn't as fun as the first or second ones because it consisted more of sloughing through infested areas killing, killing, killing rogues. Which is fun for a few hours, but then it gets a bit monotonous. The first two had enough twists and turns in the plot to make things more interesting and worth repeating.