Stuck in the monastery tears : I don't find the key

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stuck in the monastery tears : I don't find the key
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #0
The last door upper at right, I suppose it's the door to go to the caves. The door doesn't open, I don't find key anywhere, the only key that I have found was for opening the room where is this one who sell better skill.

It's the first time that I see the area "monastery tears", I had finished the game twice without these areas. I have seen it for the first time looking your map in the walkthrough.

Please anybody can help me, I'm stuck in front of this door
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
Have you slain the eyebeast to the west? It is guarding the key that will open this door.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #2
Yes I had killed it in a great room, but that doesn't work. In the special items I have a "bronze monastery key" but may be this key is not the good one ?

when I am in front of the door i have this message :

"Since there appears to be no other way to open the door you approach it and put your hand in the depressions in the front. The stone is cold and smooth. You wait for a minute. Nothing happens."

what can I do ? :( :(
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
You need the left and right Access Bracelets to get in.

Edit: link.

[ Thursday, July 14, 2005 08:10: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #4
yeah you need the bracelets

quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

The Left Access Bracelet is in Benerii-Eo Labs in the northeast corner, and is protected by a Golem.

The Right Access Bracelet is in the Benerii-Eo Vat Core, in the center of the area.

--------------------
Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.
[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L Here (.zip, 103kb)
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

You need the left and right Access Bracelets to get in.

Edit: link.

but the bracelets are in the last part, at the end of the game. Are sure of that ?
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #6
Yes, we are sure you need the bracelets.
The part of the monastery you are trying to get into is the single hardest area in the game. It's pretty much in there so you can test your character to the max. And the only way in is to get the bracelets which are found in 2 of the last couple areas you'll get to in the game.

In other words, the only way you won't chat with Mr. Blaze before going to the caves is if you make a special trip off the island to do so.

SPOILER below:
there are 3 rogues that are constantly re-spawned and keep attacking you. You'll need a mech skill of 20 in order to disable the spawner...
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
Yes, because the Monastery is supposed to be the last area you visit.
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #8
Thank you very much.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #9
Well you can enter it before going into the Geneforge itself (or if rebel before Chadwick prison).

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #10
Chadwick Prison??? What is it?
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #11
I've never been there but apparently that's where you get sent if you talk to Lord Rahul with the summoning orb, and you escape through that one door that it tells you is enchanted to make you want to leave and can't open.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #12
Yes, I've been there. Essentially, Rahul's defenses detect the orb and paralyse you. They throw you in the prison. However, avoiding the prison is a bad idea if your a rebel since you learn of Rahuls healing magic and can disrupt it when he tries to use it. If you don't, your in trouble. Although you can sometimes kill him before he uses the magic.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #13
Bah!
His healing magic was nice -- something I'd love to have as a character, but not really all that big of a deal. It just takes a bit longer to kill the him is all. Personally, I found taking the time to kill his guards in the middle of taking him down to be more annoying.
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by mok:

Yes, we are sure you need the bracelets.
The part of the monastery you are trying to get into is the single hardest area in the game. It's pretty much in there so you can test your character to the max. And the only way in is to get the bracelets which are found in 2 of the last couple areas you'll get to in the game.

In other words, the only way you won't chat with Mr. Blaze before going to the caves is if you make a special trip off the island to do so.

SPOILER below:
there are 3 rogues that are constantly re-spawned and keep attacking you. You'll need a mech skill of 20 in order to disable the spawner...

I have found a third blue bracelet in the beginning of the monastery caves and I didn't understood its use.
I have not found these caves hard, meanwhile it's very long. My character was enough good to defeat all the rogues even the creator but it was very long (too long at my point of view) because I started at the right part of the area and I have the 4 rogues always until I disable the spawner (almost the whole area). I had'nt read your spoiler.
I had 20 to mechanics with my special equipment (+ charm)

Last very important question : do you know the date for Geneforge 4 ? I love this game so much
:) :)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
Probably a year and a half to two years. Avernum 4 will be out first.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #16
If Avernum 4 comes out with Geneforge engine I will so buy that. Damn tired of the out-dated Avernum graphics.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #17
Well remember half the item graphics in geneforge are recycled from avernum, some of which were even used in nethergate.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #18
I ment the engine, Walter. The 3-d Graphics, movement and so on.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Learned Noremac:

Yes, I've been there. Essentially, Rahul's defenses detect the orb and paralyse you. They throw you in the prison. However, avoiding the prison is a bad idea if your a rebel since you learn of Rahuls healing magic and can disrupt it when he tries to use it. If you don't, your in trouble. Although you can sometimes kill him before he uses the magic.
I thought I had played the game fully as a loyalist... I even explored every map fully and never heard of this summoning orb. Where do you get it?

[ Saturday, July 16, 2005 21:21: Message edited by: Universe_JDJ ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Universe_JDJ:

I thought I had played the game fully as a loyalist... I even explored every map fully and never heard of this summoning orb. Where do you get it?
Only rebels get the Summoning Orb. Akhari Blaze gives it to you as part of a quest.

[ Saturday, July 16, 2005 21:38: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Walter:

Well remember half the item graphics in geneforge are recycled from avernum, some of which were even used in nethergate.
It's too small... :(
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Paulette:

I have found a third blue bracelet in the beginning of the monastery caves and I didn't understood its use.

There is no use for that 3rd bracelet. It's just meant to be part of the story-telling.