The reasoned character editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The reasoned character editor
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #25
I just downloaded the dhonal script and pasted in the scripts folder (I backed them up first though) and as soon as I enter the town I get the message in red below saying the script is broken or absent.
I am using winxp..
I tried opening the link you provided and copy/paste the stuff in the file but still doesn't solve the problem
I tried going to the silent shaper in the library but still the message keeps appearing.
:(
what can I do?

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #26
It looks like this kind of problem does not have a solution...

When I first enter the testing grounds I get the following message:

"invalid symbol in line 4159"

so?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #27
I'm sorry but you probably messed up the files with something else, i didn't touch the testing grounds

[ Tuesday, July 12, 2005 09:24: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]
Please try putting back the old files and then download the script (be sure to download it all)

Anyway tomorrow i should release a stand-alone savegame editor that doesn't mess in-game scripts.

[ Tuesday, July 12, 2005 09:24: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #28
Thanks for replying.
If doing a back up of the old scripts folder and downloading the files above and copying them into the scripts folder means to mess it, I definitely messed it up.
I don't think the file is not complete because I even marked the option "close when finished" in the dialogue box, the little window closed when it was fully downloaded. I even tried copy/paste ing from the link you gave someone else a few posts ago, but still didn't work.
I will anyway try restoring the old files I backed up.
Thanks.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #29
The files? Note that my editor consists only of "z42dhonaldlg.txt" :)

Could you please click on this link , let it open, be sure the last lines read:
begintalknode 199;
state = 60;
nextstate = 56;
condition = 1;
question = "Max skills. (Warning: will unbalance the game!)";
text1 = "You feel skillful";
code =
i =4;
while(i<=22){
alter_stat(i, 20);
i = i+1;
}
break;
and then save the page in your geneforge3 script directory

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Apprentice
Member # 6051
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Indeterminatus:

I'm sorry but you probably messed up the files with something else, i didn't touch the testing grounds

Please try putting back the old files and then download the script (be sure to download it all)

Anyway tomorrow i should release a stand-alone savegame editor that doesn't mess in-game scripts.

Allow me to suggest that instead of putting up the script as a text file to be downloaded by browser, you bzip it or some such and include checksums. This is because that browser downloads tend to add carriage returns or linefeeds in all the wrong places, and may munge high-ascii characters and generally play havoc with scripts.

I realize that you have done the community a huge favor by writing the script, and you don't really owe us a release-quality piece of code. But it might make everyone happier if you packed it up more soundly.
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by MUDdex:

Allow me to suggest that instead of putting up the script as a text file to be downloaded by browser, you bzip it or some such and include checksums. This is because that browser downloads tend to add carriage returns or linefeeds in all the wrong places, and may munge high-ascii characters and generally play havoc with scripts.

I realize that you have done the community a huge favor by writing the script, and you don't really owe us a release-quality piece of code. But it might make everyone happier if you packed it up more soundly.

You're right, i should have done this from the beggining :)

[ Thursday, July 14, 2005 00:49: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]Done.

[ Thursday, July 14, 2005 00:49: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 8939
Profile #32
off topic, but how do the nose things work?

--------------------
I had a profound thought, but i think it died.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #33
..... :eek: 2 year necromancy.

Its maker left the forums so it's unlikely that anybody would still know after all this time, but the essentials of what it does can be done with a little script editing.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
BANNED
Member # 8997
Profile #34
What the hey is NOSE FOR?

--------------------
AWESOME
Apprentice
Member # 9239
Profile Homepage #35
can any one post geneforge character editor for mac?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #36
Given that these editors are text files, they'll work for both Mac and Windows. Indeterminatus's link at the beginning of this thread still works.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by arkadilo:

Oh, give me a break...
Kel's right. I think it's a fair guess to say most of us skim the posts on previous pages before replying. We'll notice. It's not a big deal, just click "EDIT". It's right next to the "" button.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Apprentice
Member # 9239
Profile Homepage #38
the Croikle's gene forge editor website does not work i think it does not exist any more could anyone help me here please?
Apprentice
Member # 9239
Profile Homepage #39
the Croikle's gene forge editor website does not work i think it does not exist any more could anyone help me here please? :) :) :)

Pages