The reasoned character editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The reasoned character editor
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #0
Here it is.

Like all geneforge editors, copy the linked file into the geneforge3/data/scripts directory (remember to make a backup copy of z42dhonaldlg.txt, or even better of the whole directory).

To use the editor go to Dhonal's keep main library and talk with the shaper that usually says he can't be bothered.

Some of the features:
Reset canister countTeleport to starting point of each islandMove nearer/farther to/from shaper beliefsIncrease walking speedThe usual money, stat, skill, level increase.Hope you like it :)
For any request for new featurs feel free to post.

[ Wednesday, July 06, 2005 01:44: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #1
Most of this has allready been done, exept for the island teleportation. For this I thank you.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Apprentice
Member # 6065
Profile #2
Sounds pretty kewl.

--------------------
I like swords!
-Fighter
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #3
:)

Is there any specific feature that is needed?

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #4
I keep getting 'dialog script broken or absent when I try to use it'. Anyone else have this problem? Any way it can be fixed to use the editor?
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #5
If you're having problems with the scripts do post it here, it's the only way i have to fix it.

quote:
I keep getting 'dialog script broken or absent when I try to use it'. Anyone else have this problem? Any way it can be fixed to use the editor?
When? When you load or when you try to talk with the shaper?

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #6
That error message results when the script isn't completely downloaded. Make sure it finishes, and doesn't get cut off for some reason.

*this message sponsored by technet - making life easier one update at a time*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #7
It happens when I try to talk to someone. It happens on two different editors I downloaded. The file names are exact, and I downloaded each more than once, but still get the message.

The two editors I tried:
1) the busy librarian in Dhonal's Keep (the one above)
2) sign post in south end

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 06:40: Message edited by: arkadilo ]
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #8
The editor in south End, in the sign.. Is this mine or someone else's editor you're talking about?

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 08:07: Message edited by: Blossom Plant [strangles] ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #9
Yes, this is your file I downloaded. I checked to make sure file name and file was complete. They were.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #10
WHO were you talking to? I haven't encountered problems on mine, but others have said something like you. None mentioned who the problems were with, because when I went and checked in my game I talked to maybe one or two people and they worked. I might have missed the person you mean. Or something.
I'd like details, if possible. :/

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #11
Yes, I was talking about your editor. It happens when I try to look at any post in South End, not just the one that is edited. I didn't try talking to anyone.

Now on the other editor I tried, where you talk to the librarian in Dhonal's Keep, everyone I tried to talk to had the same result.
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by arkadilo:

Now on the other editor I tried, where you talk to the librarian in Dhonal's Keep, everyone I tried to talk to had the same result.
It may be you have done a little mess with all the editors you downloaded ;)
Reinstall Geneforge 3 (or simply put back the original script files), download the script (be sure the file contains all 199 talknodes) and try again. If it doesn't work i have a problem to solve :P

Btw are you using a macintosh?

[Edit]
try this: open my script in the browser, select all and then copy. Open z42dhonaldlg.txt in your geneforge/data/scripts folder, delete all and paste my script

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 10:05: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
When a dialogue script loads with errors, nobody in the town will be able to talk, no dialog box messages will go off, no signs will work, etc.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #14
I've changed a few things(the formatting in some specific cases could get screwed up), now it should work whichever way you put it in the script folder.

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 10:38: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #15
I made a copy of the entire script folder before making any changes, so all the scripts are correct. I'm not having a problem playing right now since I removed the edited scripts.

I am using a Windows PC...
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #16
Please try again.
Click here and then save it in your script folder. :)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #17
Is it Aenele that I am supposed to talk to? I downloaded it into the scripts file, but am not getting an option from her to edit my character.

EDIT - Though at least now I can talk to people!

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 11:25: Message edited by: arkadilo ]
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #18
... I bet you guys just have somehow changed mine after you got it, thinking you're 'fixing' it. There's no other explanation. Can't be. It works as it is.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #19
I know nothing about scripts, so I never attempted an edit. Here is exactly what I did:

I first made a copy of the original script and pasted elsewhere. Then I downloaded the file (replacing the original). Then I'd open the game and get the broken script result. So then I'd shut it down and replace the edited script with the original. Then it works again.
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Indeterminatus:

[QUOTE]

[Edit]
try this: open my script in the browser, select all and then copy. Open z42dhonaldlg.txt in your geneforge/data/scripts folder, delete all and paste my script

Tried this too to no avail
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #21
I see now that I needed to talk to the no name Shaper, no Aenele in regards to the editor. It works! Whatever you did in the revision fixed it. THANK YOU!!!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #22
Don't post so many times, please. Just use edit, we'll notice.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #23
Oh, give me a break...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #24
No, it's true. Editing your old message is in general preferred over double- or- triple-posting.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages