*Terror* Vlish

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: *Terror* Vlish
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
Is it just me, or has the terror vlish really lost its terror? In GF1 and GF2 the Terror Vlish was a creation to be reckoned with. I found that I could make a quick dash to gain the ability to make them at the begining and then they more than sufficed until I could replace them with dryaks or gazers. An amazing (and cool looking) creation has been horribly degraded. It no longer causes terror (the spell). A terror vlish no longer causes terror! Yes, I understand that many did not enjoy having their enemies constantly flee, but if you don't like it use a different creation. The attack is now pure poison damage. This means many foes now take little to no damage. And the graphic even had its coolness stolen!

Why, Jeff, why? Why did you take such a great creation and crush its greatness?

On the topic of creations...

I am still only part way through on my first time, but, from what I gather, there are no new creations that you can make. Is it true?! Did Jeff actually decide that having 6 new kinds of tree was a better idea than a single new creation?!

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #1
Well he decided it wouldn't really benefit by having a wider variety of creations I suppose, after all there are already 25 you can make (including ornks), which is more than the number of spells you get.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #2
And so the horrible lack of spells justifies horrible lack in other areas? What happened to the good old days of Exile when you had dozen upon dozen of spells?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
Agreed. New creations are needed.

(There are, however, new creations for you to kill.)

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #4
Well how many of those dozens upon dozens of spells were actually useful?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #5
About the terror vlish, it seems almost as if Jeff wanted to expand the amount of creation ability repetoire, but figured it was too much work or something. Some creations now actually have 3 defined abilities instead of only 2, but you can only access the first 2. The terror vlish is one of them. Perhaps if you forgo giving them the 2 intellgience, and set them on their default AI, they would use their terror attack - but I wouldn't count on it.
Apprentice
Member # 6065
Profile #6
The terror vlish still has its "terror" ability though, so you can't say much about that. Also there is a terror vlish that walks around in the roamer marsh and carrys a belt of strength yet he didn't carry it when I was guardian? it was wierd, so I was stuck with the girdle, I've only played the demo version, its great though.

--------------------
I like swords!
-Fighter
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #7
Well some enemies only drop items a percentage of the time.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6065
Profile #8
Ya that stinks... I really wanted a belt, and since I was able to make clawbugs it would've been better.

--------------------
I like swords!
-Fighter