Bugged Ending?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bugged Ending?
Apprentice
Member # 6031
Profile #0
I played through mainly siding with the shapers, but on the 3rd island I repaired the spawner. I never reported it though. I then went though and on the 4th island I sided with the shaper in the tower and freed Agatha. Next, I went on the kill all the rebels on the last isle and destroy the genforge.

The problem is that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now. I go back to the shaper on the 4th isle and he says to talk to Lord Ruhal (sp). But The only thing I can talk about with that character is having activated the spawner on the isle (I can lie and say it wasn't me or admit it was and then turn against everybody). I can't tell him that I destroyed the genefore...

I guess the only thing I haven't done is gone back into that spawned place and destroyed the spawner...

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it's buggy in some way.
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #1
hmmm... I haven't flip-flopped this much on one of my own games. I'm guessing if you lie to him and say you did your best and then talk to him some more -- maybe leave his area and come back and try talking to him again to tell him you destroyed the geneforge.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
Repairing the spawner is basically the major action that determines your side for the rest of the game. I don't think Jeff anticipated such a large flip-flop from players.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
Can you turn around and destroy the creator after killing it? Or does it become invincible then?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
Ouch. I wouldn't care much to go up against the Creator after he's been repaired. :eek: Still, since you've gained a lot of levels since repairing him, you might be strong enough to destroy him. Dunno, it's worth a try I guess.

Interesting!
Apprentice
Member # 6031
Profile #5
Went back in and killed the creator (easily). Still don't have any options in the dialogue.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
Double ouch. Megabummer. If the game won't let you continue, I don't know what else you can do.

I'm glad I did my flip-flop earlier in the game. I gave Lankan his canister, then later on regretted it. After destroying the Creator on Dhonal's Isle I went back and tried to kill him, but I wasn't strong enough. He shot fireballs out of his eyes, for crying out loud, and gave me a bunch of vicious gunpunches! So I ran away, and finished Gull Isle. Tried again. Failed. Ran away. Fisnished Isle of Spears. Came back. Killed him. Problem solved.
Apprentice
Member # 6051
Profile Homepage #7
I think one of the tricky bits of the Geneforge series is that all sides are equally obnoxious. I find myself wanting to do the opposite anyone tells me to do, no matter who they are. I'm not sure if this is just Jeff's writing style, or if it's something inherent to the nature of the world and story. Shapers have lots of power, and are bureaucratic and arrogant. Rebels have used a lot of the cannisters and are mutated and arrogant.

Just remember that you can replay the game as many times as you like. I played GF3 part way through, then started over again when my hint book showed up.

BTW, I recommend the hint book highly. You can read only the hints you want, or only look at the maps, or whatever. Also, it means more money to Jeff and company.
Apprentice
Member # 6031
Profile #8
It really doesn't bother me that much as I'm now playing through as a Guardian (rebel full) and Shaper (shaper full). So I'll get the endings with those two. As for the one original Agent one, it's a bit annoying not being able to finish at all (even an "bad" non sided ending like you could it 1 and 2), but I had fun and I'll probably play agent again as it's my favorite.

As for the wanting to do the opposite, I found 2 was the best because you had 4 sides to choose from (or choose to not side). Here you really just have 2 and that seems like a big step back. A bit disappointed about that. I really though Khryyk (or whatever his name is on Gull in the West) would be a 3rd option, that's why I chose not to kill him. Unfortunately, it didn't work as he just ended up being part of the shaper side despite having non shaper views.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #9
I asked Jeff Vogel about this, and here's what he said:

quote:
Try it. You should find that the exit boat will be available even if you can't talk to Rahul. Its appearance is keyed off of what you do in the Geneforge area, not who you talk to. I knew exactly this sort of thing could happen.

So it looks like you could still complete after all. Did you look for the boat?

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6031
Profile #10
Boat? Boat? What boat? It's a bit unforthcoming with instructions at the end. Just says to talk to somebody, but nobody was too belpful with the whole talking thing. What's this boat I'm supposed to take (I assume to the Shaper Council like 1 and 2) and on what island is it?
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #11
It's on Dhonal Island, at Dhonal West gates (just west of the main city.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #12
Schrodiner can you talk to Jeff and ask him to put miotaurs in the next game?
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #13
Ghaldring, don't make me put you in the cage again.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 6046
Profile #14
!!!!!!jeff screwed up!!!!!!!!!! iwent through as a rebel yet litalia wanted to kill me at the end WTF WHAT DID I DO WRONG!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

--------------------
put all your eggs in one basket and watch that basket ---mark twain
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
This is a known bug. None of the other rebels mind if you just kill off Litalia, so go ahead and do that.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6031
Profile #16
Okay, so I took the boat and got my ending. Yay. There really does need to be some sort of signpost leading to that boat though.

...sadly, my guardian rebel is now being attacked by litalia...quite annoying when I want her to like me.