Game finished : remaining quest

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Game finished : remaining quest
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #0
Hello,

I've finished the game and I have quests that I coudn't resolved :

Cure Torsten (nothing to do I have tried to cure him without success)
Speak with Tik (I have spoken with him but nothing to do)
Striped Clawbug
Find shaper junk (I have found him but the quest remains
Clawbug Hunt : impossible to meet again Corie, it seems that he disappears :-(

I have another question too, iI have all these objects remaining, have you found a use for them ?

IMAGE(http://missbug.free.fr/perso212/Aper%258duCapture003.jpg)

[ Monday, June 20, 2005 02:23: Message edited by: Paulette ]
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #1
1- cure torsten -- find saltweed. Go to Kentia E Gate. Talk to Hawthorne and ask him for salve.

2- speak with Tik -- I dunno if you need a certain Leadership level or not, but I doubt it. Just try to get him to tell you about his problem -- it wasn't hard, there were only 2 or 3 talk options.

3/5- Striped clawbug is, I think, the part of the "clawbug hunt" quest. You need to go back to the guy who gave it to you, tho, and tell him it's done. As for Corrie, she dies when Agatha retakes Stonespire so you need to complete that quest before that happens.

4- shaper junk is an un-ending quest. The more junk you find, the more reward(s) you get. It's just like the "find herbs" quest you have listed but didn't mention.

As for the objects, you can use them for making things at the forges. Do a search for "artifacts" as there is a thread discussing what items you can make with which ingredients.

(as for the right and left access bracelets, you use them to get into the 2nd level of the monastery of tears -- dunno if you knew that or not)

BTW, how many points did you pump into strength for your shaper? Encumbered at 202 lbs?? That's crazy!
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by mok:
BTW, how many points did you pump into strength for your shaper? Encumbered at 202 lbs?? That's crazy![/QB]
15 (+2 with belt + 2 with gloves)
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
11 points of strenght from start? And you did not use Guardian Claymore either? **** man, why go above base strenght of 4? Spend the other 35(!) skillpoints on Intelligence instead.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #4
Unless you are using mellee weapons theres no need to pump strength much more than is needed for the equipment you wear, as you can always fight your way through an area, then go around and pick things up afterwards, or drop lots of stuff right before entering a battle.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

11 points of strenght from start? And you did not use Guardian Claymore either? **** man, why go above base strenght of 4? Spend the other 35(!) skillpoints on Intelligence instead.
because I'm a blond woman :P

Not 11 but 15 points : 19 with the belt and the gloves.

More serious : I supposed, that like in Diablo when we use a blade, the strength is very important to figth ennemy.

Finally, at my point of view, there is a big problem in this game with the essence. I'ts not normal that we must use it for creations and also for the rest (health, cure, fight etc...) there is not enough essence. I had to keep essence only for creations and at the end I have only 2 creations and you ?

[ Wednesday, July 20, 2005 00:57: Message edited by: Paulette ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
It may perhaps have occurred to you by this point that if you'd put all of those skill points into your shaper's Intelligence instead of Strength, you would have had plenty of essence.

Also, there's really no reason to max out your creation's stats like that. It's usually better to just create higher-level creations when you can and leave them near their base stats.

[ Monday, June 20, 2005 22:25: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

It may perhaps have occurred to you by this point that if you'd put all of those skill points into your shaper's Intelligence instead of Strength, you would have had plenty of essence.

Also, there's really no reason to max out your creation's stats like that. It's usually better to just create higher-level creations when you can and leave them near their base stats.

more intelligence = more essence ???????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought that essence came from every ennemy killed. What link with intelligence ?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Your Essence depends on your experience level and also on your intelligence. More intelligence means more essence. Killing monsters doesn't directly give you more essence except insofar as it contributes to gaining experience levels.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #9
quote:

Your Essence depends on your experience level and also on your intelligence. More intelligence means more essence. Killing monsters doesn't directly give you more essence except insofar as it contributes to gaining experience levels.
Oops ! I think that I am going to restart the game.

Thank you very much

And all the objets whixh are in my inventory at right, I can drop them or not ? there are quests for these items with another perso ? (for example the 3 hearts)
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #10
You should definitely restart you game.
The three hearts are parts for crafting artificts.

Artifact Components (These items are used to make the eight powerful artifacts.):
Purifying Elixir - Mandrake Tincture, Demon Bile.
Perfected Ring - Purifying Elixir, Platinum Ring.
Perfected Shield - Purifying Elixir, Shaped Shield.
Perfected Plate - Purifying Elixir, Shaped Breastplate.
Perfected Belt - Purifying Elixir, Shaped Belt.

The Eight Artifacts:
Ring of the Infiltrator - Perfected Ring, Pure Crystal Shard, Purified Essence.
All-Protector - Perfected Shield, Solidified Flame, Unmelting Ice.
Emerald Chestguard - Perfected Plate, Demon Claws, Deep Crystal.
Creator’s Belt - Perfected Belt, Deep Focus Orb, Blood Poison.
Avenger’s Ring - Perfected Ring, Demon Claws, Ur-Drakon Skin.
Essence Aegis - Perfected Shield, Purified Essence, Crystalline Fibers.
Crystalline Shroud - Perfected Plate, Deep Focus Orb, Crystalline Fibers.
Lightning Girdle - Perfected Belt, Deep Focus Orb (Solidified Flame) , Ur-Drakon Skin.

As a shaper, you should raise you strength no more than 2.
pump int high, with equipments above 20.
Do not raise stat of creations, use high level creations instead.
You know, you flora is more expensive than my dakon.
In the late game, shapers should only use
gazers or drakons.
Only raise 2 int of them and none else.
At the end you will have about 5 of them and
still enough essence to cast spells.

If you do not know what a item is used for,
put them on grand.
They will not disapear.
You can come back when you need one of them.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #11
A freshly made drakon has about the same melee damage as your fyora, double ranged damage and can attack multiple targets and more hit points.

Artifacts are most likely the best equipments.

Crystalline Shroud
def 16%
+2 AP
+30% resist stun
+12% resist all
+3 creation strength

Creator's Belt
def 20%
+2 creation str, dex, int, end
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #12
QUOTE]more intelligence = more essence ???????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought that essence came from every ennemy killed. What link with intelligence ?[/QB][/QUOTE]

::Laughs:: Would you mind if I put this as my new Quote, Paulette?

Edit: Speaking of quotes, mine seem to have gone awry.

[ Tuesday, June 21, 2005 02:37: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #13
quote:

I have started again the game and I have selected point of intelligence instead strength and nothing is changed for the essence, meanwhile it's not very pleasant to have to put on the ground objects for the fight because there is not enough strength point to keep them in inventory. Finally I prefer my method.

;)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #14
What Shapers usually do (opposed to Agents and Guardians) is make an army of creations that fight for them instead of actually attacking things themselves. Your way is different, and since you completed the game that way, it's not inferior.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5896
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

What Shapers usually do (opposed to Agents and Guardians) is make an army of creations that fight for them instead of actually attacking things themselves. Your way is different, and since you completed the game that way, it's not inferior.
Sorry, I have an agent. And for agent how to do to have essence ?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #16
Ahh, well Agents are different. Agents also increase essence through intelligence, but at a slower rate than Shapers. Agents generally focus on spell levels and attacking, and not really bothering with creations. Still, having Greta and Alwan to help doesn't hurt either.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
Um, wow. You had those creations as an Agent? Agents don't have creations at all, most of the time. Learn to do without creations and you shouldn't have too many problems with essence.

If you're too attached to your creations to go without any, you might do better as a Shaper.

[ Thursday, June 23, 2005 06:00: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #18
Agents gets essence the same way as Shapers, but in a less degree. Instead they get more Energy.
Agents do not focus on Shaping either, and instead of making creations to fight for them they use magic and spells to fight for themselves.
Thus Intelligence is important for an Agent, but the actually Essence for shaping creations is not. You will notice that when you buy up Intelligence your Energy will go up, which is good, because you need it to sling those bolts of magic of yours.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #19
But Agents do need Essence for spells too - just not in the same degree that Shapers do for creations.

--------------------
====
====
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #20
Intelligence has 3 effects: increases essence, increases energy, and increases resistance to mental effects. As for by how much, you essence and energy are based on a small base value plus your level times intelligence times a factor based on class. Health works the same way but with endurance. Agents get the most energy but least essence, guardians get the most health but least energy, and shapers get the most essence, but the least health. The other difference between classes is how much the shaping, magic, and combat skills cost in skill points.

Because of this agents make few creations for two reasons. First of all they have to spend disproportionately more skill points to gain shaping skills. Second of all they get the least essence but are supposed to rely heavily on spells, so they need almost all of that essence for spell casting.

As for saying pumping intelligence changed little for essence at the start for an agent, I believe you get .5 times level times intelligence, so at level 1 most of your essence would come from the base value, with only 1 more essence for every 2 intelligence so it is much more significant at higher levels than the first few levels. And remember the agent also needs intelligence so they don't run out of energy casting repeated high level spells.

[ Thursday, June 23, 2005 09:11: Message edited by: Walter ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6007
Profile #21
Did it ever occur to any of you that he could have pumped up his creations by having them gain xp? He could have kept the fyora the entire game and made sure it never died, right??
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Your way is different, and since you completed the game that way, it's not inferior.
If I complete the game with a tunic and a stick, will that make them as good as emerald chestplate and gardian claymore?

Agents get the same essence as gardians do.
Gardians Agents Shapers
hp 4/3 1 2/3
sp 1/2 3/2 1
ep 1 1 4/3
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Hume:

If I complete the game with a tunic and a stick, will that make them as good as emerald chestplate and gardian claymore?
Sure. Maybe even better. It's not about how easy the game was, it's about how much fun you had. That's why people like to play on Torment.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Worst_enemy:

Did it ever occur to any of you that he could have pumped up his creations by having them gain xp? He could have kept the fyora the entire game and made sure it never died, right??
It looks like he did that anyway judging by the fact that that fyora is level 35. Still if you invest heavily enough in intelligence, usually at the time you can first make higher tier creations you can create them at higher levels than your old creations have grown to, and they are also generally stronger for their level by the creation types inherent properties. Usually it does seem that instead of pumping up creation stats its more effective to create higher tier or more creations.

--------------------