curious about something

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: curious about something
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #0
If you use an editor to pump up all your stats at the beginning, is it possible to kill hodge when you first meet him in the school? And if so is it properly reflected in later events (such as not having the going-rogue artilla in fort kentia)?

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #1
Hodge, same as Ghaldring, have been given an "unkillable" script, as far as I know.
You can kill him on Dhonal's, though.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #2
Is Ghaldring in the game.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #3
Good luck killing him on Dhonal's.

Hint. Fill him with Terror.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
Whether or not Ghaldring will appear in the Ashen Isles in person is explained clearly at a couple of stages in the game. Ask about him when you can and you'll find out.

Several other characters are unkillable at various stages of the game. In most cases, this is just to make sure that they get to accomplish certain things before dying, and they become killable again soon.

What you can do in the school is lock Hoge in his own bedroom, then kill his Battle Alpha. Doing so turns the whole darn school hostile, including the Servant Mind and Alwan. And if you then decide to open the bedroom door a crack, to see what Hoge has been doing in there all this time, Whoosh. Hostile doesn't begin to describe Senor Hoge at this point. It's like the bedroom-locking and creation-killing also makes him realize that YOU were the son-of-a-clawbug apprentice who put the demon bile in his orange juice last term.

All that for a lousy 120 XP: it ain't worth it, my friends.

[ Wednesday, June 08, 2005 10:45: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5767
Profile #5
You can make Hodge angy enough to attack you, which means you can then kill him, I don't know what effect that has on the game though. He gave my level 60 Guardian 30 xp :D

--------------------
Death is just an engineering problem.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #6
Ok getting mixed responses here, people said he was unkillable, then someone said you can kill him if you make him hostile first (which is perfectly possible if you choose the right conversation options and tell him you kill him, but I think you need a few points of leadership for that. I did that before, but as I wasn't using a cheat script he simply killed me with one spell).

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 08:48: Message edited by: Walter ]

--------------------
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #7
It is very possible to kill him when you meet him in the Bulwark Inn.

Just be prepared. Rush him in combat mode before you see him. Come prebuffed.

Smite him with Terror, and it breaks his script. He runs and stands in the corner whimpering, and doing nothing. Use Wands of Stun, Icy Crystals, etc, to strip away his AP. You want to lock him down where he can not restart his run away and throw clawbugs at you script. And you don't want him toasting you like a marshmallow, so hit him hard and fast.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #8
Hoge is killable in the school, but he is exceedingly resilient and powerful. I used the dialogue option to make him attack me, but I assume I could have just hit him first. I've killed him everywhere now, and have not found him to be unkillable in any situation . I don't know about the other characters.

I used the cheat script and was able to kill him in two hits, but he could have also killed me in two hits.

Edit: He will however reincarnate to where he is meant to be next.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:24: Message edited by: Azul ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #9
If he reincarnates then him being killable is just a bug, since it is obviouse that he still plays a part in the game. If you kill him later in the game he will be replaced by his apprentice, Moorales, and thus the plot floats along perfectly.

I guess noone figured that you wold be able to kill him in the very first stage of the game.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

If he reincarnates then him being killable is just a bug, since it is obviouse that he still plays a part in the game. If you kill him later in the game he will be replaced by his apprentice, Moorales, and thus the plot floats along perfectly.

I guess noone figured that you wold be able to kill him in the very first stage of the game.

Actually, if he reincarates then him being killable isn't a bug, but he was made powerful enough that it was assumed that you can't defeat him without cheating, which is true.

--------------------