Geneforge Wiki Poll, Part 2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge Wiki Poll, Part 2
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #0
Since some new ideas have appeared with seeming consensus since the first poll, here's a new iteration of the poll.

Note that you do NOT have to choose the "like" or "dislike" option for every possible title. If you're neutral, just don't pick it for either.

There appears to be a general consensus that "Sucia" is the best theme for the wiki title. No one has posted otherwise, anyway. The lack of a Sucia option on the poll probably explains most of the Terrestia votes. If anyone *is* really attached to a Terrestia title or domain, feel free to post your affection in the thread.

Poll Information
This poll contains 6 question(s). 2 user(s) have voted.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=pMllDHCHZZvK"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=pMllDHCHZZvK"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 13037
Profile #1
From what I have gathered, there is already an 'Encyclopedia Ermaria' for the Exile/Avernum works of the community, yes? If so, I would advise against a similar name for the Geneforge-site.

Both 'The Sucia Island Archives' and 'The Library of Sucia' don't convince me either, for a couple of reasons. A name for a project like this needs to be a catchy one. One that leaves a good, professional-ish first impression. Neither of the two suggestions mentioned before did this to me, so I'm forced to vote against them.

So I'm left with 'Sucia Archives', which to me doesn't have any of the filler the other titles have, but yet gives the end-user the same information of the site, and thus results in a name that not only sounds nicer, but is catchy and easily memorable.

But I am, of course, biased, since it was me who suggested the particular name in the first place. :)

[ Thursday, January 24, 2008 07:10: Message edited by: Princess Starlight ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
'Encyclopedia Ermarian'.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #3
I answered "No" to question 5 because I would not be able to contribute much until I buy and play the games. However, despite that, I would be willing to contribute in small ways.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Love Parallelogram:

'Encyclopedia Ermarian'.
I always thought it was 'Ermariana.'

I'm happy to see that people like Sucia Archives. Even though the word 'archives' somehow doesn't appear in the games, I think everyone can admit that the word is still somehow more Genforgesque than Encyclopedia. I'm a little disappointed more people don't think barred.ermarian is clever, but the address isn't really that important to me anyway.

Edit: I will be contributing a lot. You really are privileged to have me around.

[ Thursday, January 24, 2008 09:30: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #5
Nalyd plans to contribute a lot as well. As much that doesn't suck, anyway.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #6
Question six isn't really necessary.

I suppose I could scan for typos afterwards, but anyone can do that.

[ Thursday, January 24, 2008 16:14: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
set_name(1,"Excalibur");
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
14 votes is what the last poll got, I believe. So it looks like the winner is

Sucia Archives

at

barred.ermarian.net

I voted against Sucia Archives, but I'm slowly being sold on it, and I think it'll be a good name. The barred subdomain is clever and gives the site some character, even if it's more obscure than geneforge would be.

Aran, make it so.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #8
I guess I spoke too soon on barred.ermarian. Both the ones I liked won? Another victory for the Concluding Resolution.

IMAGE(http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9250/tullyflague1.gif)

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #9
I'm gonna make you a new flag for your birthday Tully...

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - White, two sugars. :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #10
Why do you have DNA flag?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
We haven't specified an end for this poll, but we can probably close the deal on the site name today. Sucia Archives appears to be the most popular by far, with all other options receiving negative votes.

Since the relative majority in the domain name question is a closer call I move for a run-off regarding the domain name, offering the choice between barred, geneforge and sucia.

Also, can we hold the final poll in public? This issue seems trivial enough that voter protection need not trump ballot-stuffing prevention...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Encyclopedia Ermaria
quote:
Encyclopedia Ermarian
Encyclopedia Ermariana. :)
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Celtic Minstrel:
Why do you have DNA flag?
What is this DNA you speak of? Clearly those are essence scrolls. And it's the flag of the Tullegolites, naturally.
quote:
Aran:
Encyclopedia Ermariana. :)
quote:
Emperor Tullegolar:
I always thought it was 'Ermariana.'
I win, again. I always win. I am the Emperor.

--------------------
You lose.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #14
I move for no run-off. I deliberately structured this poll to avoid the need for a run-off, as the poll isn't about choosing your favorite, but gathering information on the appeal of different choices. barred received 11 positive votes and 4 negatives. geneforge received 9 positive votes and 6 negatives. sucia received 6 and 4. Clearly, barred elicited the most positive reaction overall, while sucia elicited the most subdued reaction.

Aran, I know that _you_ dislike barred. It is after all your domain, and your generosity that is providing the site, so if you simply don't want barred I don't think anyone will object to your vetoing it. But let's not drag this on forever.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
Besides Aran's bots can stuff the ballots in faster than the rest of the members.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
What is this DNA you speak of? Clearly those are essence scrolls. And it's the flag of the Tullegolites, naturally.
Those strands truly do have the verisimilitude of DNA.

--------------------
set_name(1,"Excalibur");
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #17
That word doesn't really fit. And nobody talks like that. :P

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
Internet access has been sporadic the past days, and will remain so for a week. I'll try to get it set up some time in the next few days, though, if I can.