So what do I do with all these Flawed Crystals?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: So what do I do with all these Flawed Crystals?
Apprentice
Member # 11946
Profile #0
I hate finding out i've sold something that might have been useful later on, so when i realized that the red crystals can be used in making things, I started saving all my crystals. So... what do I do with 60 flawed crystals? Are there any recipes for the flawed and lovely crystals, or just the beautiful ones? Can I upgrade them somehow?

On a related note, what things really ARE worth hoarding from the start of the game?

--------------------
Pick it up, throw it through the air. Hit it in the head, blood goes everywhere!
Apprentice
Member # 11946
Profile #1
You know, first post messups and such? Im playing G4 and posted this in teh G1-3 forum. O well. Mod move this for me please?

--------------------
Pick it up, throw it through the air. Hit it in the head, blood goes everywhere!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
It depends upon the game. In GF1 there actually is a use for flawed crystals beside selling them.

Jeff varys which items are needed for quests and item ingredients that can be crafted into something useful. The best thing to do is consult a walkthrough to see what is recommended.

Edit - Oh welcome to Spiderweb Software and please your sanity at the door. In future use the edit button to add and/or correct a post.

[ Sunday, November 18, 2007 19:54: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Flawed and lovely crystals in G4? Sell 'em.

First post here may be useful as well.

Dikiyoba sells beautiful crystals and gemstones too, since Dikiyoba doesn't bother crafting wands or magical gems.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #4
Despite being a major pack rat, I sell almost everything, except things I think I might need. Here's a list of some of the things I do sell:
Mined, Flawed, Lovely, and Beautiful Crystals
spare Thorn, Venom, and Acid Batons
wands and spore batons that have been fully used up
javelins (too heavy for my playing style)
mundane weapons & armor (after I've upgraded to magical stuff)
copies of most items I already have equipped or stashed away
any item that lowers my PC's stats

[ Monday, November 19, 2007 08:57: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 11988
Profile #5
I don't think there are any recipes with them..
Just sell them

--------------------
Rebellion is not the answer...
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

In GF1 there actually is a use for flawed crystals beside selling them.
I think you mean the mined crystals, which are used in one of the mines to create items.

And you should probably just sell the flawed crystals, unless you can use them as missile weapons.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
The walkthrough calls them rough crystals. They were cheap crystals that could be use to make swarm crystals or the guardian claymore.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #8
Swarm crystals for 5, terror wands for 25, Shaped blade for 50.

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #9
So that's what you can make with those crystals; it's been a long time since I tried making anything with the crystals in G1.

--------------------