Just Another Poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Just Another Poll
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #0
If you haven't tried all of them pick the one that you like out of the the number you have played (and if you have only played 1 choose that one durrrr)

Note: please don't point out spelling errors of other people it takes up space and its mean.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 2 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=hnQDTnasVUIk"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=hnQDTnasVUIk"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #1
Oooh, hard question. I pick G4 because it has the most intriguing decision process.

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
----
My poetry
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #2
G2. The large amount of factions just completely made the game.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #3
Okay. G2 is the only one I haven't played, although I have them all.

--------------------
----
My poetry
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #4
G1. Why? It had the best feel. When you climbed out of the water and found that deserted inn there was a real feel of "I'm the last guy in the world"

Plus the Serviles were brilliantly done, as were the servent minds. And the plot was perfect. My only complaint is that as the least advanced of the Geneforge games it didn't have many spells.

--------------------
"I must admit, killing mortals is much easier then killing demons. If you remove a demon's head, all you end up with is something that tries to bite your ankles." -Valen
Noob: lol 1337 lol woot
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #5
Interesting, I didn't play the 3rd one because I never had the time and I don't really want to, but yeah the 2nd one was great, although the fourth one rocked. or maybe i liked it because my Servile was uberness. Either way it ruled. and just like Ardin
said Geneforge 1 did give you the feel, although I am not sure whether it was the atmosphere or the lack of BGM

Remember: Gloves of Savagery are the best artifact in the game!

[ Monday, October 15, 2007 12:52: Message edited by: SlaughteringSevile ]

--------------------
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
G1. Charm, atmosphere, simplicity, enjoyable enough for countless playthroughs, and no consequences for canister usage.

G2 is good, just not quite as much.

G4 does have a much better engine, the shock trooper, and quite a few interesting fights, but the knowledge that I have to slog my way through the fens only to find the rebels doing nothing to fend off the Shapers in Burwood and the fact that it doesn't run properly on my computer completely ruins the replay value.

And Dikiyoba just didn't like G3.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #7
G1 only played demo so didn't get the complete feal.
G2 like possibility of many fractions to join
G3 like Alwan and Greta but didn't left a good impresioun at me
G4 biggest game with lots of quests more characters to chose from(like servile and shock trooper)creation sistem better...shortly everything is better so G4 gets my wote.

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRa@ all will go well!
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #8
I agree some-what with Dikiyoba
Geneforge 1 felt cold and boring, so i didn't like it, also very few spells and creations but a good plot i must say and feels rewarding when gotten the Guardian Claymore

Geneforge 2, is a good game but i felt that the beginning was a pain. The number of fractions was beautiful but a little overwhelming.

I did not like Geneforge 3, probably because Geneforge 4 had a lot of what it had and more, but it had completely different game play than the first 2 and you can forge items in this one!
Probably the one people thought was awesome until Geneforge 4 came along.

Geneforge 4, beautiful, strong, has my favorite class, And is so big it has 2 world maps, also it has good artifacts but not overpowered artifacts. And with fights like the Titan and the Experimental Unbound this game is truly a masterpiece. Oh and who could forget YOU DON'T GET ENCUMBERED BY THE THINGS YOU CARRY BUT BY THE STUFF YOU WEAR!

--------------------
Life's important Questions:
What is the best Artifact
Gloves of Savagery
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #9
THERE IS NO NEED TO YELL!
Anyway...
G1- it has a wonderfull feeling to it. Sort of like you are alone in the wilderness, but sort of not. The lack of other creations didn't affect me at all, though. That plot is great.

G2- This has its own feeling. You are all alone, wondering and waiting to join someone...or not. Or "joining" someone to get there stuff, then kill them...
The plot/s are quite interesing.

G3- Poor game. Not a very good plot. But the feeling to this game is very good. It too is hard to explain, but it is like being isolated...and you must pick a choice. The music really helps, and the third (and biggest) island is the best one.

G4- Great, fun, big, more things to choose from, let me actually get into blessing magic, and the plot is okay. There wasn't much of a feeling, however.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #10
Here's something odd. In G4 you get the Puresteel Soulblade as this great reward, and it has a couple of nice bonuses, but its damage is 15-75. That's not much more than the Guardian Claymore or Oozing Blade, and so the acid or the different bonuses of the Claymore may make these other weapons better for you. Acid in particular is good because it builds up over a long fight.

But Guardian Koerner in Poryphra drops a plain Puresteel Blade that does 20-100 damage, or at least the game says it does. That's enough more damage that it can make a big difference.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #11
Slaurtering Servile if you say durrr people are going to be mean to you so get used to it.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #12
If Oozing blade is better than sell the others that are weaker.No need for philosopies.

And the purestell Soulblade is great prize is probably becouse when making the game Jeff tought it would be stronger than others.

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRa@ all will go well!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #13
Then again..there's script editing..

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #14
Hmmm........................

Well SoT does have a point I guess but the claymore does 11-55 and gives 2 str. to the person and creation, as well having 2 Q.A. while the soul blade does 15-75 and gives 2 parry and one Q.A. for me strength wasn't a problem with items like the talisman of might and the gloves of savagery. So, if you discount the Str boost to the person, thats now 11-55 dm, plus 2 Q.A. and creation str boost by 2 V.S 15-75 plus 1 Q.A. and 2 parry.

I think the claymore is more useful for Warriors/ Guardians and Shock Troopers rather than a Servile. So i guess what im trying to say is that some swords are useful for different people, or at least thats what i think. and for the Puresteel blade 20-100 dm is a little much, you honestly don't need that much damage to survive, the only time i found it necessary is when facing Matala and the Titan. Also the Puresteel Soulblade isn't the sole best reward, the Omnicharm and the blade makes it the ultimate reward.

But what really strikes me as confusing is that the reward for clearing the Popryia city is the Viper Blade, while to do the quest you have to kill a person who drops a better sword. :confused: .
Starman 1985 I don't see a durrr maybe you read the wrong topic :)

Sorry for the space taken. :cool:

[ Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:53: Message edited by: SlaughteringSevile ]

--------------------
Gloves of Savagery
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by SlaughteringSevile:

Starman 1985 I don't see a durrr maybe you read the wrong topic
That's because you edited it out. Durrr. :rolleyes:

--------------------
----
My poetry
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #16
Durrr I edited Durrr heh sorry, though saying durrr wasn't the spelling errors im talking about, im talking about when people misspell infiltrator by saying infiltraitor and people comment about it non-stop. Stupid things like that.

Hey Starman 1985 you misspelled Slaughtering. Heh "Slaurtering Servile" :P

Hypocritical ass......."get used to it"

Lets end this trend of of insults and get back to the topic of this thread

[ Thursday, October 18, 2007 13:30: Message edited by: SlaughteringSevile ]

--------------------
Gloves of Savagery
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Apprentice
Member # 11521
Profile #17
ha! I'm one of the 6% that liked 3 best!

4 was a very close second, but I really liked Alwan and Gretta.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #18
Topic Necromancer!

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #19
Necromancy? what happened there? :confused:

--------------------
Gloves of Savagery
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
Topic necromancy occurs whenever someone posts in a topic that hasn't been posted in for a while. In this case, it was an on-topic necro, and hence nothing to get upset over.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #21
I see, well im guessing some people saw geneforge 3 as a worse version of 4, i didn't, but there are some people who look at the newest ones

--------------------
Gloves of Savagery
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #22
It' still actually based on the players themselves..some may like Super Mario rather than FF..and..uh..Servile..it's spelled this way by the way..there are no so such thing as nature-loving drayks that are named dryaks..

[ Wednesday, November 07, 2007 04:40: Message edited by: Azuma ]

--------------------