GF1 Sect question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF1 Sect question
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #0
I'm playing a Shaper in GF1 and want to go pro-Awakened. However, before I do this I want to join the Obeyers to take all of their goodies. Unfortunately, I've already responded pro-Awakened to the Awakened serviles and I can't seem to revert my opinion enough to persuade Rydell that I'm Obeyer material. I have enough leadership to avoid the initiation quests.

My main question is: If I've already given pro-Awakened responses to the Awakened serviles can I still join the Obeyers? More importantly, can I join the Obeyers and, after stealing their goodies, revert back to the Awakened?

Also: If I want to join the Awakened, could I join the Takers (I have enough leadership to avoid killing Elirah) first?
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
I believe one of that FAQs in the forum header has a section on "Powergaming the Sects."

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #2
The FAQ mentions joining the Obeyers first. I already responded to many Awakened, so I'm wondering if my chances at joining both are shot.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
Learned Darian will probably be able to fix it for you (may have to wait a while, though).

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 6816
Profile Homepage #4
shift+d is your friend. :D
theres also serviles who can radically alter the sects opinion of you. however those serviles tend to hide in isolated swamps filled with nasty nasty things.

--------------------
i eat serviles for breakfast.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Warrior
Member # 5531
Profile #5
Just like Adal said. . .
If you are really desperate, use the shift-d cheat to reset your rep, clearallsects to reset and iloveserviles/ihateserviles.

Also, I can't remember where, but there is at least one person who gives you a free rep change.

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 20:21: Message edited by: Oni of Chaos ]

--------------------
Trouser Snake.
Mustakrakish.

Infiltrators? No. Agents? YES!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
The trouble with Learned Darian is that she only resets your reputation once. So even if you use her to join the Obeyers, you may then find yourself unable to join the Awakened.

If this is your first playthrough, don't worry too much about powergaming; just play. You'll have more fun.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
It's G1, so Learned Darian is actually a him. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you've only given your opinions to the Awakened, you could probably give enough anti-servile opinions to the Obeyers, the Takers, and elsewhere to be able to join the Obeyers without needing Learned Darian.

Dikiyoba believes that most of the Obeyer's goodies can be gotten from a high mechanics skill and some living tools anyway.
Apprentice
Member # 6816
Profile Homepage #8
quote:

Anyway, if you've only given your opinions to the Awakened, you could probably give enough anti-servile opinions to the Obeyers, the Takers, and elsewhere to be able to join the Obeyers without needing Learned Darian.
Then use Darian to change back.
quote:
Dikiyoba believes that most of the Obeyer's goodies can be gotten from a high mechanics skill and some living tools anyway.
Or rampant destruction.
Or you could just stop caring about the sects and wipe them away in a mind-boggling genocide.
Somehow that always happens to me. can't figure out why...

--------------------
i eat serviles for breakfast.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #9
You can kill the leader of the Obeyers without getting in troble. And with the key you can unlock many things, while still being pro Awakened/Taker.
And if you kill the leader of the Awakened(I did) while being Awakened, then you can join the Takers, making many areas a lot easier.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Of course it would be quicker if you were a mod and were able to do the linking yourself -Micawber
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

The same is true for the other sects. I also find level or two of Unlock to be quite useful when taking this route, as well as a high Leadership skill.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #11
I just joined the Awakened and plan on returning to Pentil later, with a higher mechanics stat.

I'd kill Rydell but I feel sorry for him.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #12
*bump*
Few new questions:

There is this Dryak that lives next to Learned Darian. He offers you information, items, and magic for your unused skill points. I prefer to use my skill points. I kill the Dryak. Why can't I loot his lair?

Why does the game hate you for joining the Awakened? They don't do anything. When you join you don't get anything cool or useful (except for some combat techniques which my Shaper doesn't need), nor do any new doors open up. Ellhrah basically says, "Hey cool, you're an Awakened now. A quest? No, no, that's Taker talk my friend. You can sit around on your butt all day though. It's kind of what we do around here." I take back what I said earlier, the Awakened do do something. Apparently, if you leave their super secret special awesome club, Ellhrah restricts you from rejoining because you hurt his feelings. So, not only do I not have anything to do while an Awakened, I also cannot lie my way around other sects to get their cool stuff. Did I miss something important or am I just supposed to wander randomly around the island, averting my gaze from the interesting pro-Obeyer/pro-Taker quests until I find Trajkov and the Geneforge?

I don't need spoilers for this last question, just a simple yes or no.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

[b]There is this Dryak that lives next to Learned Darian. He offers you information, items, and magic for your unused skill points. I prefer to use my skill points. I kill the Dryak. Why can't I loot his lair?
[/b]
Because it require the Dryak to open the doors for you. Don't worry, there's only a couple canisters and some equipment behind those doors.

quote:
Why does the game hate you for joining the Awakened? They don't do anything. When you join you don't get anything cool or useful (except for some combat techniques which my Shaper doesn't need), nor do any new doors open up. Ellhrah basically says, "Hey cool, you're an Awakened now. A quest? No, no, that's Taker talk my friend. You can sit around on your butt all day though. It's kind of what we do around here." I take back what I said earlier, the Awakened do do something. Apparently, if you leave their super secret special awesome club, Ellhrah restricts you from rejoining because you hurt his feelings. So, not only do I not have anything to do while an Awakened, I also cannot lie my way around other sects to get their cool stuff. Did I miss something important or am I just supposed to wander randomly around the island, averting my gaze from the interesting pro-Obeyer/pro-Taker quests until I find Trajkov and the Geneforge?
You're supposed to wander randomly. Sort of disappointing.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #14
Well, there is one more aspect. Each of the sects has a different idea of what you should do with the Geneforge - and since you are talking about it, you know enough to know that the Awakened are the ones who want you to use it to empower yourself. Whether that is good or bad for you, I won't say.