Selling Items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Selling Items
Apprentice
Member # 7964
Profile #0
Hi
Sorry if this is a daft question but I'm new to Geneforge!
How do I sell items? When I meet some1 to trade with I can buy from them, but can't find an option to sell my items...have loads of pointless gems that would love to make some cash from!
Please help!
Thanks

--------------------
Angulation is the key
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #1
If you are using an older Geneforge (1&2, I think), there should be a button on the item icon which looks like three coins. Clicking on this will allow you to sell. If the icon is representing more than one item, there will be a prompt asking how many you want to sell.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
To sell an item, just click on the coin buttons that appears on the items in your inventory.

In GF1, you can sell your stuff to pretty much anyone who will buy, BUT they only have a certain amount of money that they can buy your stuff with. In GF2, I think this limit is gone. In GF3, there's usually a separate option for selling your stuff.

Also, shops won't buy certain junk items, like trash and other such low-value items.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Originally by Nioca:

quote:
In GF2, I think this limit is gone.
Nope, it's still around. And if this is G2, there's an unlimited collection quest for gems and emeralds later on, so hold on to them.

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 7964
Profile #4
Thankyou very much! I feel much better now I've sold 100 odd gemstones!
Until my next issue.....

--------------------
Angulation is the key
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Haplo:

I feel much better now I've sold 100 odd gemstones!
Is that all? Sheesh.

Normally, by the end of a GF game (especially G1), I've sold so much stuff that I'm the only one with money. Maybe Jeff should've included an ending where you bribe your way into the good graces of the Shaper council, provided you have enough gold, of course; I'd probably get it every time.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #6
Mystic, in any one of your Geneforge games, you're probably the only one with stuff!

[ Sunday, January 28, 2007 17:52: Message edited by: Sarasaphilia ]

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #7
Good point. Though with a slight correction: You're definitely the only one with stuff!

Then again, you're also the only one who can actually pick up stuff, as well as move from one location to another to buy & sell things. Therefore, pack rats like me can amass a huge amount of money over the course of the game (easily well over 20,000 cash), which is why I'd still like to see an attempt at bribing the Shaper council as a possible ending.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #8
Actually, that might work. With sufficient Leadership, of course.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #9
Thanks, though I forgot all about the Leadership skill. It's amazing what the combination of a gold pouch and a silver tongue could do for your character, had such things been written into the game.

--------------------