canisters

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: canisters
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

The drakons are really big on the whole better-living-through-chemistry deal, and they don't exactly seem to have moved past petty politics.
Here's the problem. You've made the fatal error of comparing humans and creations. Creations, no matter how much shaping or evolution you apply, will never amount anything culturally significant.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #26
Hmm. I'm not a big fan of canisters, because the price is too steep for the rewards. However, there are a couple of experiments I would like to see done, simply to sate my curiosity.

First, using canisters as a form of accelerated evolution. Have several people use a canister, but not allow them access to further canisters. Then, have the next generation of the canister descendants use a canister, so on an so forth. This might be able to gradually increase the strength of a population while avoiding the detrimental effects on the mind.

Second, using canisters as a form of pre-programming someone's genes from birth. This might be able dodge the mental effects because the young body would (hopefully) be able to adapt to the change.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Nioca:
However, there are a couple of experiments I would like to see done, simply to sate my curiosity.
There is a little bit of mad scientist in all of us, it seems.

I don't fully understand how anyone (including Litalia) is able to 'adapt' to the changes in their bodies. If the canisters really effect your genes themselves, then anything that they do should be permanent. I don't understand how Litalia is able to control her new self, as that implies regressing her genes back to the way they were, somehow. You can't 'train' your genes, and you can't adapt without inside influence. Perhaps she used additional shaping methods?

When all else fails, shape some more! Is there anything shaping can't fix?

[ Saturday, December 23, 2006 23:35: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I don't understand how Litalia is able to control her new self, as that implies regressing her genes back to the way they were, somehow.
Anger management classes don't change your genes, but they can still change the way you react to situations. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #29
Well then if it's that simple, what reason does anyone have at all not to use canisters?

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #30
Most people won't go through the effort to learn to control themselves including to stop using something that is making themselves worse. Consider all the people out there with drug habits, smoking, alcoholism, etc. who derive some benefit from doing something that is killing them. Considering that canister produce some sort of high as well as increased power it takes a strong will to stop,

As to the idea of using canisters on children in hopes that it will give them time to control themselves, you might just raise a group of sociopaths that have no moral control in spite of training.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #31
How dare you compare canisters to harmful drugs? They have no harmful effects whatsoever. Even if you consider the clarity of thought that the canisters give you as a negative, even then the positive effects are far more numerous.

I can not approve of the children idea. Canisters must be earned. Never given freely.

--------------------
You lose.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #32
But all that power given to children!!!!
Are you nuts?
The mind of child is beryl capable to control it one self giving them power like that when mankind is on the verge of booing himself up come on !?
Bad parenting, society rotten stretch, and boredom is making people already mad and ill minded, so why give such power to a child ?
they are indeed harmful drugs.

OOPS caused again a mass extinction!
(good farted 65 million years ago)

[ Sunday, December 24, 2006 02:26: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #33
I think Shapers using canisters can show some control over how many they use, so I believe they can use 6. They should make 6 powerful canisters, so after learning from a trainer, they can gain 1 point to learn the upgrade of a creation. That could be a effective way for shapers to make creations and give themselves a great advantage.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #34
The problem with the geneforge and cansiters is it cause you to be jealous and parniod of anyone who is any where near your level of powet and if you have more then one person use the geneforge you have something called mutually assured destruction. This is or will be a serious problem the drakons and drayks are going to have. Thier are all power hungery, jealous, and parnoid. Should more then one use the geneforge you then you have something called mutally assured destruction.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

The problem with the geneforge and cansiters is it cause you to be jealous and parniod of anyone who is any where near your level of powet and if you have more then one person use the geneforge you have something called mutually assured destruction. This is or will be a serious problem the drakons and drayks are going to have. Thier are all power hungery, jealous, and parnoid. Should more then one use the geneforge you then you have something called mutally assured destruction.
It's already happened. If you play G3 as a rebel, look at the Isle of Spears. You'll see what I mean.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #36
I think that the war is doomed.
The rebels have the power and the shapers have the number and a augmenting control over the situation.

[ Tuesday, December 26, 2006 00:33: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #37
The shapers may be weaker then the rebels or the travokites but they don't need be as powerful becuase the other 2 groups are self destructive.

--------------------
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #38
quote:
Get the best of both sides! Be a Loyalist who uses all canisters, gets all alterations and shapes them self. Then, after 5-6 canisters, use the the Shift-D and put in this: sdf 100 4 0. That is the sdf that says you used 0 canisters. Make sure you also use that before you leave the islands via boat (endgame).
Anything that uses the debug codes in regular gameplay would be considered cheating by any metric.

[ Tuesday, December 26, 2006 16:54: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #39
huh?

--------------------

Pages