More shapers?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: More shapers?
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #0
A little bird told me on sucia island there was more than 2 shapers and by the way can shapers live up to more than 2 centuries?
(i was reallly ofended by coments in the fyoras are cute section by Arancaytar)

[ Wednesday, December 06, 2006 10:14: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #1
As far as I can tell, there are only 2 shapers on Sucia Island: you and Goettsch. I've covered just about every corner of the island, so I'm fairly certain of this.

And I neither know nor care how long a shaper's lifespan is.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
There are several ghosts of old shapers, though.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #3
Yeah, I've been to all of Sucia Island, and there is no other Shaper beside you and Goettsch. And why does a Shaper's lifespan matter?

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Shapers, or at least the ones on Sucia Island, appear to have had a longer-than-average life span. Sucia Island was Barred about two hundred years before your character got stuck on it. The Shaper Crypt was built about a century later by the original researchers. And they were already probably pretty old, by the time they completed their apprenticeship and worked themselves up into administrative positions.

Whether that means all Shapers naturally live that long or whether that was the result of canister use is up for debate.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #5
I'm not sure, because I haven't played GF 1 for a long time now, but in the Inner Crypt, you can fight the Shaper Danette and her Guardian friends. But this was a long time ago, I might be wrong. Or she might not be truly alive.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
You mean the enemy named Danette's Spirit? :P

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
There are several ghosts/spirits of the shapers that returned to the island after the ban. Only two live ones and you're one of them.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #8
If you use the Geneforge it says you live a long, long time. So that doesn't really help much. Maybe 300 years?

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

You mean the enemy named Danette's Spirit? :P

Dikiyoba.

Yes, that must be right. I haven't play GF 1 in months, so I've probably forgotten. So there are only 2 live shapers...
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #10
[ Friday, December 08, 2006 07:23: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #11
Yes it mtters to know how long shapers live because it would suggest that shapers can live in some form or an other so they would be more than 2 shapers on sucia island i was only wondering if shapers could live for a very long time.

[ Friday, December 08, 2006 07:39: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
Didn't the Shapers on Sucia end up as shades as a result of attempts to extend their lives through necromancy?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
Not all the shades. Just Zavor and Tek (and all the researchers with them) in the Sealed Labs.

Dikiyoba.