GF1: Action Point overload.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF1: Action Point overload.
Warrior
Member # 5363
Profile Homepage #0
Ok, I do not know whether this is a good or a bad thing, well, whatever...
I'm playing GF1 (again), playing a shaper, and have a 2 str. Now, for some odd reason, I am at current carrying 290 pounds of stuff, cheers, I probably have no ribs left. In battle, I get a cheery 2 AP per round, even with haste. Now, ive picked up some more things, and every time i am in battle, I somehow get 31 action points per round. Now I am able to make 6 attacks, cast 6 spells, etc. (Haste seems to ruin the effect.) Maybe I move really fast because the weight has crushed all of my bone mass making me very light, idk. Anyway, now I feel really dumb for not making my battle magic higher...,,
Any elightenment anyone?

--------------------
Learn from others mistakes. Its safer
and more entertaining than learning on your own.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #1
This was brought up long ago. Most likely a bug.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I saw a similar bug in Blades of Exile for money only when I exceeded the money cap I went negative. Sometimes when you go over the limit for a value since the number is stored in binary format, you get the a truncated version of the number where the first binary digit is missing and the remaining digits form a different value. Jeff has problems since in order to save memory he limits the value to a certain range and the program can only read the part that fits that number of bits assigned to the value.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by The1Kobra:

Now, ive picked up some more things, and every time i am in battle, I somehow get 31 action points per round. Now I am able to make 6 attacks, cast 6 spells, etc.
Lucky you.

Randomizer's right, it's probably a bug. I've also seen the same thing with money in BoE, as well as the entire Exile trilogy (especially E3).

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:

Randomizer's right, it's probably a bug.
I love that you felt the need to qualify this statement with "probably", as if it's remotely possible that Jeff intended players who lug the moon around to suddenly get three times as many action points as unencumbered characters.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
I don't want to critcize Jeff's programming since I haven't seen the source code. It may have been left in there just because it's not worth fixing. Depending on the memory location it may be changing some other value that the players haven't seen.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
So if it can't or won't be fixed it's not a bug? Convenient.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Consider it compensation for being the ultimate pack rat.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #8
It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature. :P

[ Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:14: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.