GF2: What?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF2: What?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #0
I was playing through the demo section when I went into the house of the unpleasant hermit in East Medab. I stole some stuff from his cabinet in front of him, killed him when he attacked me, and laughed at his demise. Now all of the Awakened hate me. Of course, they're fine with it if I make him attack me first by opening his back door, but not if I steal from him.

Is there any way to keep the entire Awakened faction from trying to kill me on sight?

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
If you open the back door so he attacks you then you can kill him. With no left alive to see you steal, you can loot the place. I don't remember if there is a theft level like in Avernum on how much you can take. The guy is a spy which you find out after you explore the back area past the turrets.

Generally if no one can see you, then you can steal. I keep forgetting to close the door.

- One of the reasons cannibals in New Guinea took to Christianity was that they like a religion where they got to eat of the body and blood of a powerful leader. The missionaries were upset to find out why they were so successful in gaining new followers.

[ Sunday, November 05, 2006 19:49: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Oddly enough, you can keelhaul someone with icy crystals in the plain sight of ten guards, and no one really cares. Even if said keelhauling victim is Zakary.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
For some reason, throwing a crystal doesn't seem to count as an aggressive action. Apparently anyone with 3 AP has a perfect right to toss around volatile magical gems if they want. If someone else walks into the dangerous flying node of magical force, that's strictly between the two of you.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
Sadly, I think GF3 fixed this.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
You don't need to use fight (dagger) button to attack a friendly/neutral with icy crystals. This doesn't always work with spray and swarm crystals since it only damages the targetted one.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Generally if no one can see you, then you can steal. I keep forgetting to close the door.
As I've said in many threads across the Spiderweb forum, I'll take anything that's not nailed down, as well as a few things that are. And I never forget to close the door.

Another thing that helps is to save right before stealing; that way, if I am seen (usually very rare), set off an alarm, or get killed by a trap, I can just reload and try again from a different approach.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #7
-X- finishes the game to within an inch, then goes back and steals, kills, angers, and hoards every last person and/or item in every game. He stacks it up all in on place, like the hollowed out Patrick's Tower, and sits there, admiring the beauty. Then he beats the game(s).

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #8
Rather than create a new thread everytime I have a question in GF 2, I'm just going to revive this one. Anyway, where in Zhass-Uss is Amena Blade?

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #9
He's in the southwest quadrant, in a stone building next opposite the merchants (who all live in wooden buildings).

If you enter Zhass-Uss from the west, it's the second building on your right. He's a grumpy servile who looks like a guard.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #10
If they attack you on sight, all you need to do is hit shift+d and bring up the cheat box then type in "pleaselikeme" with no spaces. That usually sets it back to normal.

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

"But what ... is it good for?"
--Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #11
Another note on stealing, oddly enough noone seems to care if your creations steal stuff so just lock your player character in an empty room and you can have your creations rob people blind right in front of them without anyone trying to kill you. lol Doesn't work with containers though, as only your player character can open them.

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #12
Sauerkraut, The Other Guy - you are about three months late.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #13
Even so creations can't take stuff and open boxes and steal for you.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #14
Actually, they can in GF2, but this 'feature' (i.e. bug) was fixed in GF3.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

Actually, they can in GF2
Didn't opening boxes still have to be done by the PC?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #16
Yes. Creations can only nab stuff that's out in the open.

On a related note, it appears that you can do this again in GF4.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #17
quote:
Sauerkraut, The Other Guy - you are about three months late.
I just looked at the date of the last post, I hadn't realized that someone had decided to drag up his dead topic. I guess I just assumed when he said
quote:
Rather than create a new thread everytime I have a question in GF 2, I'm just going to revive this one.
it wasn't THAT old. I guess I should try to pay more attention in the future.

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)