G3 decison on who to join up with

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: G3 decison on who to join up with
Apprentice
Member # 6223
Profile #0
I am at the point on Harmony Isle where I need to select between the rebels and the shapers. I only plan on playing once so if some one can please answer these questions it would help in my decision in which faction I should join up with.

Who are the good guys?

Which faction do you see the most sections/content of the game ( don’t know if this applies or not)

Which side gives you the best ending?

thanks!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #1
This is all very subjective. The question is, which ones do you think are the "good guys?" Do you think that creations should be free a the expense of violent warfare? Or do you think creations should remain under the orderly heel of the shapers? It really is your call.

I think Jeff intended for people to be sympathetic to the rebel cause, but going with the shapers tends to seem more logical.

You get to see one additional area if you go with the rebels, but I don’t think it’s enough that it should influence your decision. Go with who you like better to assure you get the ending you’ll like the best.

Personal Opinion: The Shapers are the best way to go. The rebels are just as cruel, only they spread chaos while enslaving lesser creations. I always go with the Shapers.

Edit: Alternate solution... play the damn game twice! It's fun.

[ Wednesday, October 11, 2006 13:48: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
You can actually continue to change your mind up until practically the end of the third (and biggest) island, so don't worry about it yet.

In G1, it is generally agreed the Awakened were presented as the most rational and humane (though there are plenty of reasons to choose the other sects). G3 on the other hand is clearly intended to force a choice between two bad options. More people seem to side with the Shapers, probably because some of them, like Khyryk, seem a little more reasonable and less crazed.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
I might be wrong, but can't you change your mind on the very last island right before you enter the final areas?

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
In GF3 Dhonal's Island in the Lair of the Creator you have to chose between repairing or not the creator. This is the last chance where both Alwan and Greta stay with you. When you leave the island you will lose one.

GF4 gives Jeff's view on which ending is the continuation of the Geneforge Trilogy.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
You can only bring one of Alwan or Greta past Dhonal, but you can still change sides after that. You should certainly play the game at least twice.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #6
Want to play the game only one time. Very well, then try the middle path: treat serviles with humanity, support the freedom of intelligent creations, but not help the Rebels. You can be a "Nice Shaper", but remember: you will lose some privileges since you are not a fully Shaper/Rebel.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Apprentice
Member # 6223
Profile #7
thanks. i NEVER replay games as it is too boring too play the same game twice. slight differences aren't enough for me plus there are so many other games i want to play.

i have not yet given the cannister to Lankan. actually i don't have it yet, area cleared out but that battle was to hard when i was there earlier. I am also almost finished with Diwaniya quest. I need to finish one of these to leave the island and doing so will align me to one side, won't it?
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #8
Well, I suggest you to NOT kill the Rebels and don't give the canister at Lankan. Just kill all the rogues, and all problems will be solved.

Oh, if you kill the Rebels, Greta will gone away when you'll leave the island.

PS: Absolutely don't take the special canister before talking at Lankan!

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #9
Greta doesn't leave simply because you killed the rebels. It's generally your overall opinion, especially with that conversation she hits you with.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #10
Geneforge III was the first in the series that convinced me to remain loyal to the Shapers. It's the only time it seems "fair."

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.