is geneforge easy?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: is geneforge easy?
Apprentice
Member # 7364
Profile #0
geneforge 1-3 was very easy for me, where they easy for you?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 18 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=BCuRdJhBYmsd"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=BCuRdJhBYmsd"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
You have not seen until you have crossed over to the darkness and power.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #1
For experienced gamers at normal difficulty, these games are not terribly difficult. And for more casual gamers, they can be very tricky. Some people, in particular, find that last third of Geneforge 3 to be very difficult.

Making a game that is properly challenging to all players is pretty much impossible.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #2
Sometimes it is unbelievably easy forme. Other times, I'm like what the heck?! Like, I'll just get powned constantly. Other times, ill be beating the crap out of everything. I usually have a harder time towards middle-end. Beginning is easy. Pending if I do all quests, the ending isnt too difficult.

--------------------
I like everyone...I just like some people more than others!
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #3
Torment usually keeps people buisy.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Apprentice
Member # 6311
Profile #4
A lot depends on your class and which Geneforge. I though GF1 was pretty difficult but GF2 was pretty easy. Maybe I just learned a lot from 1 to make 2 easier. I'll hold my thoughts on 3 until I complete it, but it has some tricky spots and some easy spots so far.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #5
There are ways to make it harder and more interesting.

Like, playing a Missile Guardian or a rebel shaper that never absorbs any creation he creates. This means no temp creations, and if you make a fyora, it stays with you through the whole game.

Actually, scratch that, playing a Missile Guardian makes the Guardian class breeze through Torment.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #6
I would say making a melee guardian (I did this in G2 though it wasn't too hard since I invested heavily in parry).

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Well, it's better to make games a little too easy than a little too difficult, since it's easier to find ways to make the game more challenging than to find ways to make the game easier.

That said, it's fun to have occasional, optional spots of higher difficulty. The most fun Dikiyoba has in the Geneforge games is wiping out the heavily augmented Sholai in G1 with a fairly low level character.
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #8
Playing in Torment is always a challenge.

The 'final' boss fights for Loyalist and Rebels in GF3 are brutal. Despite all of GF3's failings, at least the final battle is climatic.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #9
Play the games in easy level, if it is too easy, change the setting

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Apprentice
Member # 7364
Profile #10
that is right wiping out the heavily agumated sholi is the best part on the game!

--------------------
You have not seen until you have crossed over to the darkness and power.