Children

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Children
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #25
In denial?

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #26
Hey, if Dikiyoba can kill off every Taker in the game in G1 and the end game text still talks about how the Shapers crushed the remaining Takers, then surely Dikiyoba can use Dikiyoba's imagination a little.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba usually casts terror on the hostile non-combatants, like the serviles and spies in Barzite lands. It usually kills them, but Dikiyoba can pretend that they just ran off.
You you don't just Daze/Dominate them?

Ah, EXP. :)

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Hey, if Dikiyoba can kill off every Taker in the game in G1 and the end game text still talks about how the Shapers crushed the remaining Takers, then surely Dikiyoba can use Dikiyoba's imagination a little.
Apprentices and rogues are forbidden by treaty from fighting except within designated square zones. So there are always lots of rogues left in the spaces between. The game never shows them, but they're there.

When you travel between zones, they line the roads and wave at you. Some of them also wave placards with bitter anti-Shaper slogans. But most of them are okay, you can talk to them; and a few operate kiosks selling snacks, drinks, and cheesy souvenirs. You know, t-shirts sized for Rotghroths, saying "I'm with Deadweight" or "My Shaper went to Inner Gazak-Uss and all he got me was this lousy shield." Swarovski knock-off glass cannon paperweights. That sort of thing.

If you don't mind kitsch it's kind of fun, actually, except that I can't stand how my Gazers never stop whining for me to buy them plastic monocles with fake noses and moustaches. "But the Eye really WANTS one!!!" Don't get me started. That, and I'm pretty sure the Drayks water the beer.

[ Friday, July 21, 2006 07:59: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #29
[Another doggone self-quote by mistake, instead of an edit. Oh well. Just so it's not a total waste, maybe I'll just use this space as a sort of post-it note to myself.]

[Hey, it's sort of like a homepage, only really limited in layout possibilities. I could just keep editing this accidental post, add some links, maybe do a blog, start a cult favorite comic series with bad graphics, something like that.]

[ Friday, July 21, 2006 07:57: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #30
Thanks SOT, now everytime I see an eyebeast I'm going to imagine it in black lenseless glasses, a big fake nose and a plastic moustache. I think you have finally conquered my fear of eyebeasts. Cheers.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #31
Originally by Student of Trinity:

quote:
Apprentices and rogues are forbidden by treaty from fighting except within designated square zones. So there are always lots of rogues left in the spaces between. The game never shows them, but they're there.
So that's where all the children are. Obviously, Dikiyoba needs to slow down and explore those non-zoned areas a little more. But all those protesters chanting "Down with Shapers! Down with Shapers!" makes Dikiyoba want to get through there as soon as possible. That, and Dikiyoba never has enough money to buy souvenirs.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #32
That's the real reason you can never have more than 30,000 coins. At that point, your creations decide you can absolutely afford it, and they blow all the excess on trash in the interzone malls. You're like, "Hey! Who's the Shaper?", and they're like, "Reabsorb THIS!" To avoid going there, you pay up.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #33
I was a little disappointed with the mild changes brought on by the Geneforge 1. I mean, the way they were talking about it, I thought I would be a god who could practically destroy a chain of islands with the flick of his/her wrist.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche

Pages