GF3 - Leadership

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF3 - Leadership
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
I just finished the first island with a guardian at leadership and mechanics 10. The advantage of high leadership (it costs less for a guardian) is that when you have a conversation option that involves leadership instead of attacking you get more experience.

Guarded bridge - thahds gives 200 XP versus about 80
Fort Kentia - artila gives 30 XP versus 12
Lair of the Creator gives 200 XP versus 57 (?)

The disadvantages are that you loses the treasure rewards: thahd shirt, empathy blade, girdle of dexterity, and chances for platinum ring. Also in order to get this I had to not get dexterity and I had lower intelligence.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
In the long run, it's a disadvantage to have high Leadership. There are a ton of items that provide leadership boosts (Infiltrator vest, cloak, charm, and ring, and shining shield, for a total of +6). There's also the Charisma spell, which with spell skill boosting items even a Guardian can access without much trouble.

There are almost no spots in the game where having more than 8 leadership is helpful. Beyond 10 leadership, you don't get anything terribly useful -- you can just skip quests, and really, who wants to skip quests? There are about 3 places where 13 leadership makes a difference and there is exactly one where 15 leadership makes a difference -- with Litalia.

So boosting leadership much beyond 6 or 8, while it may be useful in the short term, is pretty much throwing away skill points in the long term. The experience you get for it early on is pretty much meaningless in the long run.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Slarty:

...and there is exactly one where 15 leadership makes a difference -- with Litalia.

Where?

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #3
I believe it is that near the end if you are a loyalist, that you can convince her to let you by (of course there is a glitch in the game that often renders this useless).

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #4
My Agent has 15 Leadership without the items.
I'm anal about seeing every single conversation option.

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
Personally, I enjoy trying to get through with high leadership and mechanics as a shaper. I do make some critters to protect me like Cryoas and Thahd Shades when fighting is necessary.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00