Playing on Torment

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Playing on Torment
Apprentice
Member # 7179
Profile #0
Hello. This is a question that has been bugging me for a few days.

I noticed that I have been playing G1 for at least 5 hours a day instead of studying for my finals. This usually happens when I first play a CRPG, but never on the second (or nth, as is the case) run. I suspect it's because I'm seriously playing on torment for the first time (with a walking nuke named Smith).

Is playing on torment addictive? Or is playing on torment is like playing a new game, causing me to play so much?
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
My vote lies with addictive.

:D

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #2
It's very addictive. Except the beginning. Especially when you play with a new strategy.

I've probably played G3 to times 6 on torment 4 normal. I've had it since June.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
Playing a game or studying for finals ... Studying for finals or playing a game ... I wonder which option is more appealing. :)

Considering that procrastination causes people to do unusual things like cleaning their rooms and picking up old hobbies, I don't think playing a game is that unusual. :)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Playing on torment means you have to pay more attention to the game. There is less room for making mistakes. On the lower levels you can get sloppy and do things that won't work on torment mode.

Besides finals are a great excuse to relax with a game to escape the pressure.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #5
On normal, it is possible to doze off at the keyboard... With creations that have no int boost and move on their own.

And then wake up and find out that they had cleared the area for you.

Silly Alphas just kept going forward to smash enemies, and with each move forward, I guess they woke up new enemies. This was Geneforge II.

I woke up and saw my shaper standing all alone on the screen and couldn't figure out what the blazes had happened and why I was all alone. Cryoas? Gone. Alphas? Gone. Vlish? Gone. And there was a blood stain right next to me

I am not sure, but I think I might have been beta testing or something. All I really remember was, it was late. Or early. Or something,

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #6
I never play a game more than once through. It's just boring after the firt run. Same story same character bahh!

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #7
With Geneforge you can have a different story and a dfferent character each replay.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

I woke up and saw my shaper standing all alone on the screen and couldn't figure out what the blazes had happened and why I was all alone. Cryoas? Gone. Alphas? Gone. Vlish? Gone. And there was a blood stain right next to me
Yeah, sometimes I've blacked out and woken up much later in an unfamiliar place with blood stains all around me too.

Oh, wait, you mean in the game. Never mind.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #9
quote:

Heh, your head must have been pressing on the Space Bar button...

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

I never play a game more than once through. It's just boring after the firt run. Same story same character bahh!
Right! Is like read a book twice.

This is because is always play Tricky. Everybody here play Torment, except me! ;)

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Waylander:

quote:

Heh, your head must have been pressing on the Space Bar button...

I type in my sleep. Some times I doze off a bit and I keep typing. Sort of like how people doze off at the wheel of a car but keep driving. I probably had my hands on the keyboard, but who knows what I was doing.

I woke up after one such doze to find that I had typed the words "Evil monkey dentists root canal vasectomy."

I have no clue what that means. :confused: :eek:

--------------------

Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #12
It was probably to remind you that your evil monkey was late to give you a root canal because your dentist gave him a vasectomy.

[ Wednesday, May 31, 2006 13:55: Message edited by: The][Editbreaker ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #13
Just his subconscious trying to tell him, in the most emphatic way it can think of, that choosing an evil monkey to be his dentist might have been a mistake.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #14
I sense the start of a completely awful children's dental health campaign featuring Mojo Jojo, DDS and the Powerpuff Girls.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00