Buying Training in GF2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Buying Training in GF2
Apprentice
Member # 7064
Profile #0
I want to play GF2 as a Shaper putting all my skill points into Fire Shaping until after I buy training in everything. I've never actually played GF2 before. So I want to know what to hold off on doing so I can get the leadership bonus for certain encounters. So what's the fastest path to get training and infiltrator items and not have to lose mine and conversation xp.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
I don't think you can buy mechanics, leadership, or base skills until the very end of the game. I don't think there's any training for shaping skills. Magical skills can't be trained until the Taker lands. However, melee skills can be trained in Awakened lands.

Creations and spells are the main options for training, so hold off on using canisters and reading books until after you've bought training. There are a few quests that give skill rewards, so save before you complete them.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Start the game with mechanic at 6 to be able to open most locked doors and boxes. Leadership at 2 until after the first two areas and then raise it to 5 to get more conversation options, You don't need to do much more for a long time with those 2 abilities. Use living tools to open things that only need 1 or 2 and record where the harder ones are for later. Raise leadership just before joining a side until you can avoid having to do quests that you might find morally objectionable. This seems to work for me even though it weakens my combat and shaping skills at the start.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Learned Darikiyoban:

I don't think you can buy mechanics, leadership, or base skills until the very end of the game. I don't think there's any training for shaping skills. Magical skills can't be trained until the Taker lands. However, melee skills can be trained in Awakened lands.

Also, the Basics Skills training are very expensive. I would need a lot of money.

Just curious: why you want so much Fire Shaping?

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Apprentice
Member # 7064
Profile #4
Well, I'm a deadweight shaper focusing on fire shaping. Until I'm ready to create a creation I'm not actually putting any points in fire shaping.

The only skills I need are:

Fire Shaping
Intelligence
Leadership
Mechanics
Luck
Warrior
Member # 5363
Profile Homepage #5
Well, the way I see things, if you want to go through with that strategy...
You probably want about an 8 mechs before the secret tunnel, and about 10 natural mechs and about a 9 natural leadership. Luck, you should probably get about 4, maybe 6.
Fire shaping should probably go to about 6, beyond, its not cost effective. Get sharons bracelet and a roamertooth band. That *should* get it up to 10, more than you'll ever need.
I would *probably* put the rest into intelligence. Maybe you should put some into endurance and some into magic skills... Other than that.. you should put a load into intelligence.
Also, with your money, you should buy 2 levels of parry from Brodus or whoever, youll die 10% less of the time :)

[ Monday, May 29, 2006 16:31: Message edited by: The1Kobra ]

--------------------
Learn from others mistakes. Its safer
and more entertaining than learning on your own.