Sholai and Sucia Island

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Sholai and Sucia Island
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #0
SPOILER:
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
//

Could the Sholai have come of Sucia Island? Maybe they were the common soldiers of the Empire? Possibly the Empire forces split between the Shapers and the Sholai?

Shapers: War Mages, a few common soldiers, half the common people

Sholai: Most of common soldiers, half of common people

Perhaps half the population left the Shapers, blaiming them for the destruction of Sucia Island.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
They could have, anything is possible in a fantasy world. However, I would say given what we know, very unlikely.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
They may be related, but it's not likely that they came from Sucia Island. They are more likely related to those on the mainland.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #3
When Masha is teaching you the Sholai language it says your languages are quite simaler. It also says in the temple that the writing on the walls ar vaguely familiar. Both languages probably developed from that one language.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #4
What do you mean by "the Empire?"

The Sholai describe themselves as coming from a barren, isolated land; due to lack of resources, they must trade to survive, and meet as many other civilizaitons as they can. So if the Sholai had broken off from the Shapers, a case of ignorant isolationism is very unlikely. The Sholai in GF3 implies that they've only just met the Shapers.

The temple's carvings were written by Sucia natives. The descendants of those who wrote it became the Shapers. The other natives were wiped out or horribly mutated (like the Shades and Heustess). This provides no evidence that the Sholai originated there. In fact, it is almost impossible given GF1's history of Sucia.

The only remaining theory I can give you is that the Sholai populated Sucia in the first place. So in that respect, the Sholai would be the origin of the Shapers. It would explain the language similarity.

But let's not get into universal common ancenstry. I could submit that the Shapers came from Lucy.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

I could submit that the Shapers came from Lucy.
You mean they don't? :o :eek: :o .

:P

I think he got the Shapers'(geneforge) confused with the Empire (avernum).

- Archmagus Micael

[ Sunday, May 21, 2006 02:43: Message edited by: Archmagus Micael ]

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #6
I was talking about the empire of the early Shapers.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Dikiyoba thinks that the only reason the Sholai and the Shapers have similar languages is to make it more realistic for the stranded Shaper to learn the Sholai language quickly.