Power!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Power!
Warrior
Member # 6629
Profile Homepage #0
As my brother was playing Geneforge One, he discovered that you could use the Geneforge. I thought that this was impossible, so I strolled through the code, and I came upon this.

quote:
begintalknode 93;
state = 90;
personality = 0;
nextstate = -1;
condition = get_flag(100,11) == 0 && has_spec_item(6) > 0;
question = "Put on the shaping gloves and lightly touch the surface of the goo.";
text1 = "The moment you touch the goo, it begins to fulfill its purpose. It shoots through your skin and inside you. It seeks out the tiny instructions deep inside you and begins to rewrite them, one at a time. The heat slowly crawls through your body.";
text2 = "Fortunately, the gloves control the process. They merge with the substance, drawing it up into tiny tubes so that only small bits of it contact you at any one time. You feel your parts changing, first your arms, then your heart, then elsewhere.";
text3 = "It is horribly painful, and it seems to go on for a very long time. Every part of you is rewritten and then, when it has had time to adjust, rewritten again.";
text4 = "At last, it ends. You are changed, completely and utterly. You feel amazingly powerful. You feel like you have become a new class of person, far above and beyond the mere, pitiful mortals you have now left behind.";
text5 = "It is time to leave this island. It is finally time to return to your people, and show them what you have become. Then you can decide what to do with them.";
action = END_TALK;
code =
set_flag(100,11,1);
toggle_quest(2,FALSE);
alter_stat(0,8);
alter_stat(1,8);
alter_stat(2,8);
alter_stat(3,8);
alter_stat(4,8);
alter_stat(12,8);
alter_stat(15,8);
alter_stat(16,8);
alter_stat(17,8);
alter_stat(18,8);
award_party_xp(1000,20);
heal_char(pc_num(),1000);
break;

Did anyone else out there know this was possible? I remember hearing somewhere that it was impossible to use it. And what exactly does it do? (What stats does it put up, down, etc)

--------------------
"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #1
Using the Geneforge bumps up all your base and combat skills, IIRC.

After I used the Geneforge, I found that I had already murdered everything I could find. So I couldn't test out my new powers.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
It's possible in Geneforge 1, and only Geneforge 1. Sadly, I had already cleared every other area in the game by the time my Shaper used it as well.

That's when Dikiyoba got bored and decided to have Dikiyoba's loyal fyora get angry and attack Dikiyoba's rogue Shaper. That killed Dikiyoba's Shaper instantly.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #3
Same situation as Dikiyoba, here, excluding reptile-assisted suicide.

What a spoiler thread this is ...

You have to have the gloves to use it. The Geneforge makes most people afraid of you, and you go berserk around some (just go into combat mode).

Goettsch has the gloves. Trajkov tells you so. But I'm assuming since you didn't already know that, you probably did what everyone does and just went ahead and killed the SOB.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #4
I think most people knew it was possible.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Mu:

I think most people knew it was possible.
Like me. :eek:

So you can use the Geneforge?
IMAGE(http://czeta.it/upload/photo/animali/excellent.jpg)

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
After using the Geneforge and clearing the Inner Crypt to pick up Danette's Belt, I figured my Agent was indestructible, so I tried going for a casual stroll back through the Inner Crypt before leaving for the mainland. 'Casual stroll' meant not staying in combat mode the whole time. I blew through the first few encounters, of course, but got overwhelmed surprisingly soon. Even the Geneforge doesn't truly beat the Inner Crypt.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #7
I love using the Geneforge. After doing so, I was able to make 6 drakons with +2 int each. Honestly, having that much firepower is just absurd.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #8
Mu, do you mean Drayks? Or were you just making it up? Wasn't aware of Drakons in Geneforge 1 (the fact being that there is no Drakon graphic)

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #9
Ooops, yes, drayks is what I meant. 150+ fireball damage and 100+ bite damage. Times 6 drayks.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #10
The most useful characteristic of Drayks is their ability to burn down Rotghroths in a turn or two. With the projectile attack, I mean.

The Geneforge's "instructions" state that, one the user has been altered, he will be able to SWIM in the pool. So couldn't you, perhaps, drink it? That would be tasty. Everything you were to touch would be taken apart from the genes, I suppose.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #11
Maybe you have to "sink" in the Geneforge? :o

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Apprentice
Member # 6433
Profile #12
Yes well i found out you could use the geneforge the first time i played it, you'd have to be stupid not to try every possible way to use it!!!

--------------------
im back in turn based RPG!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #13
Shhh! The one who started this thread didn't!

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
Well, if you're used to playing/hearing about G2 and G3, it's a logical mistake to make, since you can't use the Geneforge in them. It's just like all the people who want to know how to use the Geneforge in G2 and G3, since they could do it in G1.

Originally by sharx:

quote:
...you'd have to be stupid not to try every possible way to use it!!!

What if, instead of trying every possible way to use the Geneforge, you just try the correct way to use it? Are you still stupid?

Edit: Ahh! Dikiyoba half-posted again. It's still better than double posting, though.

[ Sunday, April 23, 2006 20:06: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]