Earth Slopes Needed

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Earth Slopes Needed
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #0
As a big favor, could anyone create some slope terrain graphics of the same look as floors 73 to 74?

Sadly I neither have a good graphics program nor would I know how to use it if I did, but I don't think it would take long for anyone initiated in the ways of photoshop, just a colour alteration would do.

Basically, it would involve taking the dirt sloped terrains and modifying them to be a deeper brown.

EDIT: Other than that, my scenario is coming along nicely, if a bit linear plot-wise so far.

[ Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:40: Message edited by: Pyrulen ]

--------------------
"Build a man a fire, and he´ll be warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Is there any reason not to use floor 41 with the accompanying terrains 90-101 instead?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #2
Try copying the terrains 90-101, and giving them a te_icon_adjust value of 155. That may be close enough for you.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #3
Good ideas, the reason that I don't want to use terrain 41 and its counterparts is that they are too bright and not suited to my dungeon.

--------------------
"Build a man a fire, and he´ll be warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life."
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #4
However, floors 72-74 match terrains 90 etc. if the terrains have adjust 155.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #5
One slight problem remains - the modified terrain still looks different, somehow smoother...
IMAGE(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/Pyrulen/dirtexample.jpg)
Any ideas?

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
It's lacking spots of lighter and darker colors and that's why it looks different. However, Dikiyoba is happy with the way it looks.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
Somehow I feel that the smoother look of slopes makes sense. I think inconsistencies would be eroded fairly quickly.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #8
Well, if people are ok with it, maybe it doesn't need changing. I suppose that it wouldn't be particularly important in terms of general enjoyment, although there will always be perfectionists. I'll go on to finish my cutscene then...

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #9
Then, you can try the slopes in here :P
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Mab:

Then, you can try the slopes in here :P
Those are amazing... but most of them didn't load, and I got a geocities error page.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #11
You may also want to experiment, if you have the software capabilities, with creating a custom terrain set using a /semitransparent, masked overlay of the floor/ overtop of the hill terrain to create the appearance of texture.
(slashes added for clarity)
One can generally do this sort of thing in a photo-editing program that allows for layers.
Granted, such programs are rarely free.

I may go try it, just to see what kind of results I can get.

Mab: Can you check to make sure that your links are directed properly? I can't get anything but the floors and terrain section to come up.
But what I did see was pretty awesome.
May I recommend submitting some of it to The Louvre ?

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is glad to have me back to speak for him after a week's sabbatical.
I was glad for the quiet, myself.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #12
I've just checked them, using my office's PC. All graphics pages look right. What type of computer do you have?
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #13
Wow, that's far better than anything I could do. The earth terrain graphics are perfect, and I might even nab a windmill or two. :P

EDIT: Nice roof graphics. I liked them so much that I'm doing a rooftop chase scene above one of my towns. The only problem is retaining the same level of detail of the walls on the ground on what are now cliffs...

By the way, the pictures loaded fine for me, so maybe you should check your internet settings.
Mab, does your site rely on Java or Cookies?

PS. What are 'Scads of Gold'?!

[ Tuesday, March 28, 2006 07:28: Message edited by: Pyrulen ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #14
It's a Compaq (ugh) running XP SP2.

But I think the problem was a combination of errors with Geocities and my LAN's firewall.
I can get to the other pages now.

And again I say, pretty sweet.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin once considered a career change from deranged subterfuge to professional cooking and catering.
The response from his customers changed his mind back very quickly.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #15
Pyrulen:
Geocities adds javascript of its own to my simple FrontPage compositions. The site doesn't rely on cookies ... that I know.

'Scads of Gold' are lots of gold coins, packed in thick heaps along with other treasure. Good for dragons' troves or peregrination temples' vaults. :D

Lenar Labs:
I've often thought of The Louvre, but the pics I once sent as JPGs didn't work well, and converting my workies into 256-colors-GIFs kinda of breaks my heart. :o

[ Wednesday, March 29, 2006 03:50: Message edited by: Mab ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #16
Oh, good god. I just figured out why so many of the graphics in the Louvre come out horribly blurred. People submit them as JPEGs and compress them.

Brett should accept PNGs. I think he does, although he doesn't say so on the site.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #17
Holy hell. Those are amazing (as is par for the course).

PS- "church benches" are called pews.

EDIT: OH! Your "Carrion Crawler" looks great... But it's unusable in BoA. The way graphics are placed, it cuts off the bottom left and right corners. Monsters' bottoms cannot exceed the bottom boundary of a floor tile.

[ Tuesday, March 28, 2006 16:19: Message edited by: Profanus Pyre ]

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #18
Ouch! :eek:
Err ... maybe I should shrink the Crawler a little?
And edit the Windmills' so they have no esplanade around. :(

EDIT: "P-E-W-S". Thank you TM, they have been renamed.

[ Wednesday, March 29, 2006 04:48: Message edited by: Mab ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #19
The esplande is cool, you'd just have to either shrink it or make it diamond-shaped.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Mab sez:
I've often thought of The Louvre, but the pics I once sent as JPGs didn't work well, and converting my workies into 256-colors-GIFs kinda of breaks my heart. :o
Nuts! Does this mean I have to remember another site when I look for graphics I could use? Oh, and I'll just echo TM and say "Holy hell. Those are amazing."

Pyrulen: Just glad to see more people designing. Now if I could only see more people finishing their work.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #21
Since this project won't be particuarly ambitious, I have a realistic chance of getting it finished by November. I've put in a lot of hours already and learnt how to do most things, so I wouldn't want to waste all that effort by failing to release it.

Despite that, I have a tendency to veer off course of the plot and write large amounts of dialogue or put in some custom graphics (I also spent a large amount of time scripting the behaviour of a dog!).

As a result, the files are unsystematic at the moment, e.g. you probably won't find my towns to be in chronological order if you check them on the editor.

--------------------