Irksome Mishap

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Irksome Mishap
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #0
I've encountered that the NPC in the images ignores the blocked monster squares. In this situation its no big deal, but in other towns have the creature obey the blocked territory is integral.

Please tell me how to solve this problem. Thanks!

IMAGE(http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/301/boapic1se5.jpg)
IMAGE(http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/985/boapic1nk0.jpg)

Eh, I don't know why the images are so huge...sorry about that. I have to transfer the file from Windows to Mac, so the image appears somewhat blurry.

[ Wednesday, January 02, 2008 18:58: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
I dub thee...
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
That shouldn't be happening, period. How were the blocked spaces placed? Were they placed automatically by a floor type, or were they placed manually?

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
In Last Hope's Light RP - The end is near...
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #2
Is it possible the person escaped via a different exit? I notice there are two curtains which he should be able to pass through.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #3
I placed them manually.

The Mac version of the editor I use is 1.1 (On OS 9.2.2)

EDIT: No Celtic Minstrel, the two doors are his only route out...which should be blocked.

[ Wednesday, January 02, 2008 19:57: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
I dub thee...
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
Try using the default 2D editor. See if that changes anything.

I'd almost say that your version of BoA might be corrupt, but you likely would have noticed that problem before now.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
In Last Hope's Light RP - The end is near...
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #5
The top picture is the editor, which I'd assume is 2D. In other words, I already am using the default 2D editor. The second image is me actually playing the scenario. Thanks anyways.

--------------------
I dub thee...
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #6
Try using change_blocked() in the town's scripts. I know that the party can be placed on editor-blocked spots when they end combat, and it's possible that NPCs can sneak past them. However, spots blocked through scripts are truly impassable to NPCs, I believe.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #7
Thank you, I should get around to doing that.

--------------------
I dub thee...
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #8
It is not due to having two doors open at once is it? I once noticed such an error in a scenario but I can't figure how I fixed it. The conclusion I came to, rightly or wrongly, was that having two doors open at once lead to PCs being able to ignore the blocked property.

[ Thursday, January 03, 2008 01:51: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #9
The doors shouldn't have anything to do with it, since they aren't on the same square as the blocked space...

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - bigger than Jesus?
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #10
I edited the town script, and it seems to be working.

For some reason, every temple I design has to have at least two doors. Maybe I need to be more open minded.

--------------------
I dub thee...