Mac to Windows Graphic Sheets

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mac to Windows Graphic Sheets
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #0
Does the Windows version of BoA support graphic sheets that have the same ID# as the default graphics? Specifically, #781 and #782.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #1
No. If you want to overwrite a default sheet on windows the user has to remove the default and replace it with the new one.

Edit: But if you're overwriting those floors so that auto-edging works (Which I think you are) you can still do it by just redefining all the grass/dry ground edges to the new sheet.

[ Monday, October 15, 2007 11:21: Message edited by: Lazarus. ]

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #2
Nope. That causes the editor to break.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #3
... Could you be more specific?
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Dahak:

While we are talking about new features, I'd like to fix a bug:

If the designer replaces the graphics for floors 11-22 or 45-56 then the code that handles drawing the edges for cave/stone or grass/dirt instead defaults to 18 (for 11-22) and 52(for 45-56) when ever you attempt to draw with dirt or any of its edges. So instead of a nice 3x3 square you instead get a 3x3 grid of corners.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #5
Weird. I replaced the water edges for FB so I assumed it would work with dirt edges too. Guess that's not the case.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #6
Editor quirk, go figure. All the water tiles are okay, but none of the dirts are. Ah well.

This need to manually replace the sheets.. It does it for everything? Background, PC, NPC, Item sheets?

I figured I could also use a custom item graphic, but since it has the same sheet ID as a default graphic it would revert to default thus preserving the item.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #7
Erm, I've altered the default floor graphics by copying-and-pasting code from the corescendata scripts and it all seems to work fine. The dry floor all draws properly and auto-edges too.

What I'd suggest doing is copying ALL of the relevant code from the corescendata script and changing the sheet and icon numbers again, since I know for sure it works.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #8
The inclusion of a sheet to override a default sheet only works on a Mac. I think this is due to the way the Resource Manager searches for a requested resource when multiple resource forks are open.

On Windows you could of course temporarily copy the sheet in place of the default one.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Ballad:

Erm, I've altered the default floor graphics by copying-and-pasting code from the corescendata scripts and it all seems to work fine. The dry floor all draws properly and auto-edges too.

What I'd suggest doing is copying ALL of the relevant code from the corescendata script and changing the sheet and icon numbers again, since I know for sure it works.

Wait, what!? I did the same as well for my graphics...

Still that doesn't change the outdoor and cave cliffs which are hard-coded. I could replace the sheet in Windows, but I was hoping to utilize the same resource swap as on a mac. Oh well.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #10
I vaguely remember trying this by adding a G614.bmp to the Valley of the Dying (containing something obviously not cave wall)... I don't think it worked (and there's no reason why it does).