Sad To Say

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Sad To Say
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #0
But I'm finding Avernum 2 disappointing. I'm in Chapter 2 and I truly hate leaving everything behind.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #1
It's not that bad. You eventually find your way back.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #2
You mean you come back and the stuff is still there?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
Yes. In the end you become an Avatar, slay the king of Avernum and learn that Rentar was Garzhad all along.

--------------------
"I must admit, killing mortals is much easier then killing demons. If you remove a demon's head, all you end up with is something that tries to bite your ankles." -Valen
Noob: lol 1337 lol woot
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #4
So I might as well rush through this area.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
Pretty much, although there are some side quests you may consider doing before reaching Chapter 3.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #6
What sidequests can't be done after Chapter 2?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Basically you can't go back from the area below Formello to the last rapid before the river's end without using the character editor to reset the boat.

There are certain places to visit that will help you when you reach the river's end. I found on replaying that you can figure out the minimum amount of items to take down river so you have inventory slots for most items. Eventually you make a judgement call on what's most valuable and figure out what's cursed.

Any way you can't take it all with you. So be sure to visit the Vahnatai sleeping chambers and pay your respects as you go downstream.

[ Monday, October 29, 2007 11:55: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
Get into the river travel and don't rush. Do as much as you can along the journey. It's pretty cool when you realize that you're going somewhere you've never seen before, and your sorrow at leaving Avernum can be mitigated by the fact that you're going to return.

It was the coolness of Dark Waters that made me want to make Exodus (a BoA scenario that is basically a gigantic river journey).

And enjoy A2. It's probably the finest of the original Avernum Trilogy (although they each have their merits).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #9
quote:
Yes. In the end you become an Avatar, slay the king of Avernum and learn that Rentar was Garzhad all along.

Be quiet, you annoying person!
Don't confuse the newbs.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol