Fireblast, L3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Fireblast, L3
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #0
Does anyone know what level of rune reading is required for this spell? I'm over 50 on rune reading and it still says I can't understand it. I finally got the password from Erika. Apparently you have to visit Aydin before she'll give it to you.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
I looked at my old game and I had a total rune reading of 56. I don't know what it was when I got the spell. At least you have an upper limit.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Saltheart:

Does anyone know what level of rune reading is required for this spell? I'm over 50 on rune reading and it still says I can't understand it.
The message you got should've told you how high your total rune reading needs to be. Also, you can look it up in the scripts.

[ Thursday, October 04, 2007 11:54: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #3
Where would I find the scripts?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
Avernum didn't have viewable scripts until BoA and Avernum 4 came along.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Saltheart:

Where would I find the scripts?
Slarty or Aran might have the text dumps from the older games, but you still will need to to use a text search for the information you want.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #6
No, you can't do that. The only games that list stuff like that in accessible text format are the Avernumscript (BoA, N:R) and Geneforge engine (G1-4, A4) games.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #7
My technique for this is to go into the editor, raise the level, go back and see if I can now learn the spell and keep raising it until I can, then revert to the original game and go out and get enough points to raise my level to what is needed.

Clumsy, but it works and is not really cheating--although reasonable minds could disagree about that.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #8
Apparently you have to be high enough in Mage Levels to cast it to learn it. I got to 56 in Rune Reading and still couldn't learn it until I got to 13 in Mage Spells.