Restoration Brews

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Restoration Brews
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #0
Where can I buy these or the recipe for them in Avernum 1? Stupid Mung Demons.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Try Silverlocke to the west of the Castle when you are high enough level to be worthy. I think there are a few elsewhere, but I can't recall. This is why you need potions and fighters.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #2
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it didn't help me. I simply cannot get the Royal Seal from the stupid Mung Demons. The restoration brews get rid of the dumbfounding, but then they drain all my spell points, so the brews are worthless. *sigh*
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
You can fight your way out without spells. Energy potions will replace the spell energy, but it's easier to use items. Potions for healing, wands for damage, summoning creatures for targets, and just have your fighters carry the load.

I had to do it this way when my only save was just before the Mung demon attack. I had to raise a spellcaster, but it's possible.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #4
That did it!!!! Wahoo!!! Thanks, Randomizer. Still was a tough battle. Had to take one of my fighters, who was at 0 hp and out of health potions, out of the battle on the last demon.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #5
Do I need the Orb of Thralni to get to Erika's Tower?
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
Either that, or take a boat from the giant lands west of Baghra. I prefer using the Orb.

[ Sunday, September 30, 2007 13:48: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #7
The walkthrough says that a statue in Almaria will give me Unlock Doors, L3, after Erika gives me the password. I have all 4 parts of the password, but none of the statues really say much. What am I missing?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
There are 2 passwords. The 4 part password is for the quest to find the way to the surface.

There is another password to get her spy statues to talk to you. If you find the correct statue you click on it to talk like a person and some will give useful information. You may have to go back to Erika if you didn't get that password.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #9
Do I have to do something to get her to give me that password, perhaps get all the brooches? Any strategy tips on fighting Pyrog?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
I think Erika gives you the password as part of agreeing to do her quest to kill Hawthorne. You need it to get the last brooch location.

Pyrog isn't too bad if you get the buff spells up quickly or have them up before talking. I don't remember having to do anything special. Just keep healed up and have a fighter keep Pyrog busy. It's afterwards when you loot the place that I had trouble.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #11
According to the walkthrough, Pyrog has the last brooch. I've exhausted all the dialog options with Erika and didn't get the password.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
Pyrog has one, Motrax, the GIFTS, and Mertis Spiral are the other three that you can get normally. The fifth brooch was stolen and there is a statue that gives information that the thief is in Dharmon prison. The prisoner sends you to Mertis where you can buy the last brooch. One of Erika's books lists the locations of the four brooches.
Apprentice
Member # 10805
Profile #13
Okay, I found the thief that sent me to Mertis without the help of a statue. LOL I got that one. The only one I need is the one Pyrog has.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #14
That's a pretty straightforward one-- just kill Pyrog. I don't remember him being terribly hard. Not chasm drake or grah-hoth or Hawthorne hard at least.

--------------------
"Heart of Earth located in Europe, Ass of Earth located in USA."

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #15
He likes to abuse Arcane Blow so watch out. Also beware of his almighty melee attacks. Use Immortality brews and Arcane Shield to take him down fast.