Help! Save games

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help! Save games
Apprentice
Member # 10285
Profile #0
Does anyone have any Avernum 2 savegames that they're willing to share? I have suffered a computer crash and lost my savegame that I've been working away at for a long time (I'm a slow player). Don't chastise me for not backing up, but never use online backup site Mosy, it backed-up everything but my savegames! Ideally the savegame would be before the start of chapter 4 (I had just started chapter 4, but literally only just - had entered the tower of magi).

Message me or post a link to hosted file if you can help. Thanks in advance.

P.S. on the subject, perhaps it would be a good idea to keep a repository of average parties that at various stages in the game to avoid my (and presumably others) pain.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
You'll need to give your OS, too. Mac and Windows versions of Avernum do not produce cross-compatibile save files.

—Alorael, who doesn't have any available files anyway.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 10285
Profile #2
Windoze. Thanks for the tip!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #3
It is spelled Windows. And is it XP or Vista?
Or is it an earlier version.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Iffy will bring you happiness.:

It is spelled Windows. And is it XP or Vista?

Puns, Iffy, puns. Read it again: Windoze. And as long as you can play the game, you can save the game, barring some sort of internal malfunction.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
quote:

is it XP or Vista?

It shouldn't matter. The same save file will work in any Windows version. Barring Microsoft's vain attempts to make the interface prettier & easier, for the most part, Windows is Windows is Windows is Windows.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #6
Pun? What pun?

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #7
quote:

Pun? What pun?
...Iffy...okay, here's the pun:

Windows. Dows is pronounced just like doze, which is a synonym for the word sleep. Windows is often considered trite or boring as an operating system, and falling asleep is a common joke when it comes to boring stuff.

So...calling it Windoze is a pun. See?

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Apprentice
Member # 10285
Profile #8
I was refering more to the doziness of the people (like myself) who are content to use windows when there are better free operating systems out there.

On a more serious note, surely there must be someone out there with a savegame on their computer. Or someone who is playing the game at the moment. I really don't want to hack my way through the first three chapter again in order to complete this game.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by machiavelli:

I was refering more to the doziness of the people (like myself) who are content to use windows when there are better free operating systems out there.

On a more serious note, surely there must be someone out there with a savegame on their computer. Or someone who is playing the game at the moment. I really don't want to hack my way through the first three chapter again in order to complete this game.

Give me a couple days or so and I'll be there. So long as I make sure to remember to set aside a save file for you...

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.