I lost the orb of Thralni =/

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I lost the orb of Thralni =/
Apprentice
Member # 8202
Profile #0
I got killed somewhere and managed to forget the orb of thralni and the jewel of return. The character editor item list says they're 378 and 490 respectively. I went into the editor and tried to add them, but it isn't showing up in my inventory?

Am I totally boned here?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
I'm pretty sure you can still beat the game without them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Depends upon the game. Avernum 1 needs the Orb to reach the teleporter for Erika's quest to kill Hawthorne and to recover Khoth's scroll. Avernum 2 it isn't as important except to get to a few items. Avernum 3 needs it to reach the third golem spire.

It depends how far you are in the game and which one.

The Jewel of Return can be substituted with recall crystals if you really need it.

[ Thursday, August 09, 2007 20:43: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Jewel of Recall says A3, and A3 is beatable without flight. It may be impossible to stop the golem plague, but you don't need to deal with them to get permission to access Footracer Province and move on in the game.

—Alorael, who really could see A3 as a very short game if Prazac would just send some moderately competent soldiers and wizards and such into Footracer immediately instead of the useless quarantine.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Arwcwb:

I went into the editor and tried to add them, but it isn't showing up in my inventory?
This might sound stupid, but did you save after adding them? That'd make them not show up.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #5
The only thing I can think of is: trying to use the Add Special Item instead of Give an Item. The latter is the correct command to use. I tried it on my copy of Avernum 3 and the numbers 378, 490 were correct.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Memetic Cleansing:

—Alorael, who really could see A3 as a very short game if Prazac would just send some moderately competent soldiers and wizards and such into Footracer immediately instead of the useless quarantine.
Then Jeff wouldn't have needed to write the game in the first place, now would he? :D

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #7
Hey, anyone else noticed Ephesos wrote his reply at 12:57 and then edited it half an hour earlier.
The Spiderweb forum time-space continuum must really be warped in the most unusual ways.

Btw: Arwcwb - You got killed and when you reloaded the items were not there? Or was just one of your characters killed and you continued to play? If the first, it must be a bug and if the second, why don't you just go back to where the por sod was killed and pick the items back up?

--------------------
USA is evil!
Europe is bust!
Wars are elsewhere!
Unity is a must!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #8
Uh, that's how time is recorded. Midnight is 12 AM, followed by 1 AM, 2 AM, ... 11 AM, then noon is 12 PM, 1 PM, and so on. He edited it about 10.5 hours later.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Yama:

Uh, that's how time is recorded. Midnight is 12 AM, followed by 1 AM, 2 AM, ... 11 AM, then noon is 12 PM, 1 PM, and so on. He edited it about 10.5 hours later.
I really, really wish that people could get this straight. I once showed up for a job interview at 12:30 a.m. I was naturally somewhat skeptical that that was the correct time, but I confirmed the time on the phone with the boss's secretary the day before the interview. Of course, it turned out they'd meant 12:30 p.m. after all.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #10
OK!
I didn't know that, you learn something new every day.

Here, we just use the 24-our format (00:00 being midnight and 23:59 being one minute till midnight). And I think it simlifies a lot.

--------------------
USA is evil!
Europe is bust!
Wars are elsewhere!
Unity is a must!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #11
Okay, I know this is of-topic...but I am tired of your signature!

The US is not evil, it has a terrible government/president/vice president. I know, a rhyming scheme. But I am sick and tired of it.

Back on topic...
The only real reason for the orb is to get a few items, a message, and the ability to get inside the source of the golem plague.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.