How does a first aid kit work?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How does a first aid kit work?
Apprentice
Member # 9220
Profile #0
I'm playing A2 right now, but I still wonder how this first aid kit thing works. Does it simply improve first aid skill without using it directly or whatever?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
First Aid kits aren't needed to perform first aid, but they improve the odds of success greatly. As you use first aid, however, it will slowly use up your First Aid kits. The benefit of First Aid kits, and the better Fine First Aid kits aren't cumulative.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #2
My suggestion is not to worry about it. First aid is practically useless until A4, wherein the skill recovers health for you after every battle.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Unless you want to spend lots of skill points in training to avoid damaging yourself, then skip it. It's also limited in how often it can be used per day. It's easier to use spells and/or potions.
Warrior
Member # 759
Profile Homepage #4
First aid is sort of useful really early on in the first three games, when you have a weakling priest without much mana; other than that however, it is a waste of time.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #5
I don't bother with First Aid. Since all 4 of my PCs can cast healing, curing, mass healing, and mass curing, I don't really need it.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 9220
Profile #6
Nioca, thanks a lot! This is the very thing I needed to know!
Garrison, I hope I'll check it someday :)
Originally by Randomizer
quote:
It's easier to use spells and/or potions.
Here I should agree with Bowlnik. What if you are short of mana and potions, but want a good fight? In this case First Aid will help, I think=)
The Mystic, good of you! ;)
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #7
I've always found first aid to be pretty much useless. Just carry energy potions-- or even better put the points you'd spend on first aid in alchemy so you can make energy potions.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?