Storage Places in Avernum I

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Storage Places in Avernum I
Apprentice
Member # 8436
Profile #0
Are there any places around Avernum where I can safely store items? In particular, I would like to be able to store my wands and potions until a later date.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
Anything you drop indoors (like a town or dungeon) will stay there when you leave and come back, so just about anywhere will do.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Just make sure not to store too many items there. If you start dropping too much stuff in a single town, some of said stuff will start disappearing.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #3
So I noticed. That's why, thanks to my semi-fame as a major pack rat, I set up a cache or two in different towns. Anything I think I might need goes into those caches; everything else gets sold. It's a great way to create both a huge hoard and a fat wallet.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 8436
Profile #4
Thank you all for your replies.. Esp. to Nyghtfyre for the limitation on the stash.. I just find it difficult to sell wands or potions as I know that I may come across a section where my priest/mage will be useless (read: can't cast spells).
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
There's never a time when your ability to use spells is capriciously taken from you. The only obstacles you'll run into are places where your enemies are unaffected by your spells (buffs and healing are still great!), places where you run out of enemy, and the occasional monster that abuses spellcasters so that they may not be able to do their jobs.

—Alorael, who has gone through most of the Avernums by collecting everyone potion he can find, never buying or selling any, and leaving them somewhere safe for the day he might need them. Of course he never remembers to get them when he might need them, so it's not really useful.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
Methinks you might have forgotten when you get dumbfounded at a high enough level, which could render all your priests/mages useless if you don't have any potions of clarity or something similar. Dumbfounding is the only true opposition I have when playing, as all my PCs are combination priests/mages.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Don't marry her. Buy a house.:

and the occasional monster that abuses spellcasters so that they may not be able to do their jobs.
While I guess this could include dying, I did mean mung demons here.

—Alorael, who didn't like those demons. He found them dumb. Hyuk hyuk Thuryl.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
Mung demons are the worst thing for spellcasters because besides the dumbfounding they deplete spell points. I found the best way to deal with them is arrows and potions until they are dead. Then you can restore spell ability and devaste the rest.