Something badly interesting...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Something badly interesting...
Apprentice
Member # 7060
Profile #0
...or interestingly bad.

I'm playing through A3, having recently registered it, and I just got sent to the tower of Magi for the first time, to get my reward for killing the Alien Slime. However, Solberg, to all appearances, couldn't care less. He won't give me anything. Having thought about it, I think that I never got the quest from the Mayor of Krizsan to kill it, and that therefore Solberg doesn't think I did. Is there a SDF flag I can set, or can i just give myself the Spell through the Char Editor and not worry about it?

Thanks,
Me.

[ Wednesday, March 07, 2007 06:16: Message edited by: Me. ]

--------------------
This is my sig. Thanks for looking. :p
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #1
I can't help but think it would have been less work to just go get the quest from the mayor and then hand it in right away.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
The character editor will give you the spell, but it is better to waste time in game to get the quest from the mayor, tell him you killed the alien slime, take the evidence to Berra, etc. This will give you the experience, money,reputation, and keep Empire soldiers elsewhere in the game from attacking. Also you won't be able to get into the other large cities until you finish the Filthy Factory quest on Bigail so you might as well do it right.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #3
To get your reward from Solberg, you need to tell Anaximander you killed the Alien Slime. Also, talk to the mayor of Kriszan to get a reward there too.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 7060
Profile #4
I have talked to the mayor, and failed to get the quest. I'll go through the options very carefully, but i don't think i missed it. I believe i told Axanimander, but, again, i'll go through the options.

Me

EDIT: Whee! It worked! Thanks guys!

[ Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:52: Message edited by: Me. ]

--------------------
This is my sig. Thanks for looking. :p
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #5
By Randomizer
quote:
Also you won't be able to get into the other large cities until you finish the Filthy Factory quest on Bigail so you might as well do it right.
Actually, you can enter the other large cities after doing the slime quest. However, its difficult to defend yourself from the monsters there with a low-level party.

--------------------
WWJD?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
I meant that if he didn't have the slime quest acknowledged that he would need the Filth Factory done.

You can get up to Gale after the Slime quest. I did it once to get Move Mountains at level 3 in order to see what was hidden in the Filth Factory.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

Actually, you can enter the other large cities after doing the slime quest. However, its difficult to defend yourself from the monsters there with a low-level party.
I know you can go as far as Gale after the slime quest, but I don't remember if it's good enough to get you into Blackcrag yet.

Good point about the monsters, though. Personally, I don't bother to go much farther than Lorelei until I'm at least at medium level, or have some way of teleporting back to Fort Emergence.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Blackcrag requires two of the easier quests and two of the harder quests: slimes or roaches and troglos/giants or golems.

—Alorael, who wonders what exactly the Empire does if, say, Rentar is defeated but there are still bugs infested Bigail and golems chopping their way through the northeast. Does Prazac just send in her infinitely large army?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by help I'm trapped in a PDN factory:

Well, that explains a lot :)

quote:

—Alorael, who wonders what exactly the Empire does if, say, Rentar is defeated but there are still bugs infested Bigail and golems chopping their way through the northeast. Does Prazac just send in her infinitely large army?
I always supposed that by that time, there would be nothing of Bigail and Monoroe left to save.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #10
There's the wizard on an island south of Kuper and the wizard in the mountains near Gale.

They would survive, I hope.

[ Monday, March 12, 2007 14:15: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
WWJD?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #11
I think the main difference is that there are now only finite "supplies" of roaches and golems left... and also, I thought destroying the golem factory made all the rest of the golems defunct; is that just wrong? :-\
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
The golems that were made before the dextruction of the factory still will exist, but there won't be replacements. Also the controller is gone, so they continue with original programming.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Topic necromancy!

The point is that you can finish the game by only stopping two of the four plagues. Rentar can be defeated with the Filth and Golem Factories left untouched. They're both completely automated, so Rentar's disappearance shouldn't make any difference. It would really be a shame if the victory celebrations were interrupted by guests dropping dead of diseases and then getting dismembered by golems.

—Alorael, who is also now curious as to why the vahnatai only use their monster production facilities to destroy the surface. Golems would certainly be useful in daily life, and also for rebuilding after Resting. And even more useful for fighting hydras and chitrachs!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #14
Said truthfully by Alorael
quote:
The point is that you can finish the game by only stopping two of the four plagues. Rentar can be defeated
If the other two plagues aren't eliminated, your experience is going to be low, and actually getting to Rentar's fort is going to be a challenge.

--------------------
WWJD?