how do i get into the vahantai lands or what ever they are called

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: how do i get into the vahantai lands or what ever they are called
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #0
title says it all.

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
Which Avernum trilogy game are you talking about?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
In Avernum 2, to get into them the first time, go to Formello and go down the crack in the NE corner and get a boat and go down the Black Waters. Once you've been down once, you can get back through the teleporter in the Tower of Magi.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
New theory: The reason Vahnatai is spelt so atrociously almost without exception is that everyone who spells it correctly already found the walkthrough with Google. The rest don't find anything under vantihatihaititai and end up asking here. :)

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Actually, green kid only switched two letters. That's not too bad. It's not good, obviously, but not all that bad. It's funnier to read the posts of someone who doesn't know how to spell chitrach.

Dikiyoba learned how to spell Vahnatai because Dikiyoba is doing a BoA scenario involving Vahnatai and it just made sense to name them correctly.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
For quite some time I mentally pronounced "Vahnatai" as "Va-hat-nai" with the stress on the "hat", although thankfully I never actually had occasion to write their name down whilst still labouring under this misconception.

In my defence, I'm pretty sure I was under 10 years old at that time.

[ Saturday, January 28, 2006 08:05: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Vahnatai is not a proper noun! They're vahnatai, not Vahnatai!

—Alorael, who will happily add more advice. In A1 you don't meet any vahnatai and in A3 you get to the vahnatai when it is vahnatime. Vahantime?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #7
A3 sorry

EDIT: the last 4 or so posts were kinda USELESS..EH?

[ Saturday, January 28, 2006 12:16: Message edited by: green kid ]

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #8
In A3, you can't go back to Olgai/Egli/Mancuso, etc. You can visit some Vahnatai lands in the endgame, but nowhere you've been before, and only for a specific purpose.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by green kid:

EDIT: the last 4 or so posts were kinda USELESS..EH?
You do know we aren't capable of reading your mind, right? We may be able to do some other freaky stuff, but mind-reading was right out when we negotiated for our powers.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Warrior
Member # 6485
Profile #10
I'd like to add on to Drakefyres' idea when your at
black water go south to a boat row out go east until you get to a hut enter take everything go SE until you come to a narrow passageway enter keep going south until you get to a cave enter and bow to who do ya' call him so that you don't get the dreaded curse go west then south until you can't go south any more go east go north park your boat keep going north and expect a very un-welcoming army ;)

and I think you can pick it up from there

--------------------
I love Spiderweb Software!!
Who doesn't?
My hints on making a new party.
USE CHARECTER EDITER!!
----------------------------------
10 million Cave giant chiefs +
1 million drake lords ageinst me =

easy
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
IT ., green kid was talking about A3, not A2. That was stated earlier in this topic.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Actually, green kid only switched two letters. That's not too bad. It's not good, obviously, but not all that bad. It's funnier to read the posts of someone who doesn't know how to spell chitrach.

Actually the most interesting spelling error I ever saw on these forums was when someone on the Nethergate forum spelled Celts as "Cretecs." A lot of people had no idea what they were talking about until someone figured it out.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Actually the most interesting spelling error I ever saw on these forums was when someone on the Nethergate forum spelled Celts as "Cretecs." A lot of people had no idea what they were talking about until someone figured it out.

It seems that the amazing Thuryl was the one to break the code in this thread. Is there anything he can't do? :P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
I saw that (inculding myself) many people talk about "Geneforce" instead of "geneforge." This seems like a logical mistake to make.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #15
quote:
—Alorael, who will happily add more advice. In A1 you don't meet any vahnatai and in A3 you get to the vahnatai when it is vahnatime. Vahantime?
If you don't meet any vahnatai in A1 why is it that i meet a vahnatai shade in a vahnatai crypt?

--------------------
I hate you all
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #16
He meant living, present vahnatai. There are traces of the vahnatai in A1, including at least one dead vahnatai, but none living.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00