A3: Troglodyte Castle

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3: Troglodyte Castle
Apprentice
Member # 6440
Profile #0
So, I did the quest to kill Elhioc, and then I left the castle to bum around and do various things. When I returned to finally kill Vothkaro, I find that I am unable to enter the castle. I'm stumped. Is there a way to get back in? Perhaps an item I ditched?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
I believe that once you agree to go kill Elhioc, you've agreed to help Vothkaro. Thus, you can't kill Elhioc and Vothkaro without cheating.

Once you kill Elhioc, you're on the way to solving the Trog & Giant problem.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
You can kill Vothkaro after killing Elhioc, but only if you do so on your way out of Castle Troglo. Once you leave, there's no easy way back in.

Don't give up, though. In stopping the giants you'll find another way into Castle Troglo. It won't be a very fun way, but it can be found.

—Alorael, who won't even say that it's hidden or subtle. It's rather glaringly obvious once you get to it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
Alorael is hinting that you should sneak in through the barrier tunnel, once you break the barriers and an army of troglos is released.

A better way is just to go back to the troglo castle (through the front gate.) It is open once you have ended the plague, you'll be free to kill the King, and loot the place.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #4
Yes, very open...after you kill the guards, dispel the barriers and kill more guards...it's wide open! :D ;) :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #5
I've just gotten that far and once I remembered that the two factions are at war with each other, I picked up the broken shards and ran, leaving the two tribes fighting amongst themselves.

--------------------
Poster: 'I love your demos, but I have Windows, what do I do?'

Answer: 'Get a Mac?'
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
Ah, yes. That would be the normal thing to do. I personally remember leaving burning footprints in the cave floor as I left, such was the speed of my retreat.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #7
I had to fight them all. Firstly because I'm sad in that kinda way, secondly for xperience and loot, and thirdly because I always manage to get my spellcasters close enough to be attacked. And after that doomguard fight, they're HP wasn't high enough to allow them taking a few hits.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?