A3 - Stuck in Slimy Valley

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3 - Stuck in Slimy Valley
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #0
I just registered and don't have the guide book yet but managed to make it through Fort Emergence and then to the surface. Took care of stuff in Krizsan, Inn of Blades, Slivar, Colchis, Delan, Delis, Pergies, Agate Tower.

I'm SE of Colcis and found the mountain (after battling slimes), but when I get to the top I get the message 'You've reached the end of the valley.... maybe there's information you can find elsewhere that would help you here.'

What did I forget to do?

[ Tuesday, October 18, 2005 15:44: Message edited by: aheisey ]

--------------------
Poster: 'I love your demos, but I have Windows, what do I do?'

Answer: 'Get a Mac?'
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #1
In agate tower... there is a room to the south west i think, secret passage... You gotta walk through a few barriers and then kill this one mage... can't remember his name... I don't think it was Jordan (From Exile)... but when you get to where he was standing, look around, find a slime pit and destroy it with fireball, THEN go to slime valley

EDIT: I believe there IS a walkthrough somewhere on your computer for the demo (I think its in the file of the Avernum 3 game

After your able to enter there, get ready for an ambush by some slimes... after you slay them, go to the center of the room and find a control panel... Those buttons are where the gates are on the mini-map (you have to kill the things one at a time.. only one gate can be opened at a time) when you find a area that is endless mauve slimes, walk along the right side wall until you get a special encounter, go through that hole in the wall and kill that slime... once all pools (i think 4 excluding the Agate Tower one) walk over some weird rune and face the final fight of the Slimes, after you kill the Alien Slime, walk along the north side of the wall until you find a secret passage, find a rune somewhere there

-Some Dude who likes copying people (one time thing I SWEAR) and is a walking, typing, computer walkthrough geek

[ Tuesday, October 18, 2005 15:58: Message edited by: Foley's Body ]

--------------------
Bandit: Hey Bob, why aren't we running after them?

Archer Bob: Cuz if dose n00bz run dey got no gud ****.

Bandit:oh

Bob: And that isn't a cave, its a dragon...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
You need to kill Bojar in the Agate Tower but, more importantly, you need to search for secret passages near where you kill him. His library is in there somewhere and it has the location of the true source of the slimes. That will let you enter the cave at the end of the Slimy Valley.

—Alorael, who doesn't understand why Jordan became Bojar. Jordan is a perfectly good name!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #3
Thanks for the hints! I found the guide, but I pretty much like to do things on my own. It feels like 'cheating' when using walkthroughs. Kind of takes the fun out of exploring on your own.

Looks like I have to do things in a certain order, because from the walkthrough I've done everthing up to that point, but I didn't find the mage in the tower and I looked EVERYWERE, including secret rooms. Oh, well.

I did get the message that he peeked through a door, sent some slimes my way and then ran away. Never found him again.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #4
Umm... there is a secret passage in that room where you saw him peak his head in... somewhere in the south wall...

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #5
What kind of sick, twisted parents would name their kid "Bojar?" :P

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #6
as mentioned by alorael, he was actually named jordan by his parents.
if walking into every wall you can find is too much for you, just use far sight. you should have lvl 2 by then.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #7
*mumbles* oh, great way to kill the party... Far Sight is a fun kill >.<... I like walking into walls!

EDIT: and lava/ice/traps/random deadly dungeons RDD

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 13:32: Message edited by: Foley's Body ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Rent-an-Ihrno:

as mentioned by alorael, he was actually named jordan by his parents.
I don't see the relevance of this information. And Bojar, its a nice name, isn't it? I think a Bojar is a russion nobleman, isn't it? (at least in Dutch it is).

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #9
Perhaps I forgot to walk into the walls in that room. I think the body and head injuries may have caused the party to become a bit disoriented.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
In English, the Russian aristocracy word is boyar.

—Alorael, who think's it's relevant to know that Bojar was Jordan in E3 so that if you happen to come upon the name in the context of Exile you know who's being talked about.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00