What happened to Silver's Annotated Maps?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What happened to Silver's Annotated Maps?
Apprentice
Member # 6358
Profile #0
Does anyone actually know what happened to Silver and his (her?) maps & info? I'm on Avernum 2 now, but I'd love to see that site come back.

Is he out there? Did he lose jpgs? Does he need space to put the stuff back up? Was all the work just too much for a while? Could we help?
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #1
belive that i have the same question, specially i wanted to look in them when i was playing A1 but the site isn´t availible...
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #2
oh i saw that you are new here so welcome to this forums! :D i hope you meet all the common posters of here, i have a mental image of some of them...

[ Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:36: Message edited by: chicho ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
Hello and welcome!

The welcoming ritual is as follows:

Leave your sanity at the door! (where the fluffy turtles can eat it).

To answer your question: I really don't know had happened to it. I also find it a shame that its down.

And now for some comercials (don't worry, its not for bying something):
would you like to hear your future? Alway curious of what the mighty chicken gods have to say!? Then come to me! Olga's fortune teller kiosk is a new bussines that tells you your fortune and furure by asking the mighty chicken gods what they think of you. Just look at my signature, and post a reply at the topic "Olga's fortune teller kiosk" In the general forum! I'll see you there! (don't forget to read at least the first three posts of the thread, so you know what to write)

[ Saturday, October 01, 2005 00:01: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Enough shameless plugs, Thralni.

Nana Sarah, welcome to the sanity-sucking place known to us as the boards (the turtle pit is somewhere around here). Please don't just make one post and leave, because that happens way too often.

And about the maps, it's more fun to play without them anyway... adds to the story.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

And about the maps, it's more fun to play without them anyway... adds to the story.
well sometimes but when you are lost they aare very helpful.
i noticed that the avernum forums are somewhat idle lately...at least that will change when the tons of A4 opinology get posted here
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by chicho:

that will change when the tons of A4 opinology get posted here
I don't see how you missed this thread in General. After all, it's 15 pages long.

Avernum 4

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #7
quote:

[/qb]I don't see how you missed this thread in General. After all, it's 15 pages long.[/QB]
in fact i have posted quite a few times in there but i mean when people post here for talk about their new A4 demo and all the stuff they have to say,like the new engine and the story
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #8
You should also remember that a bill of $20 gets sent to your e-mail address for the first four months you're signed up. After that, it's free! :D

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Chief Spider watching The Simpsons:

You should also remember that a bill of $20 gets sent to your e-mail address for the first four months you're signed up. After that, it's free! :D
:rolleyes:
mhhh, this nana hadn't posted again in some time, i hope that he-she don't be that people that sign here for asking something and then leave...forever.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #10
Yep, I already put in that plea. One-post accounts are depressing.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
quote:

Enough shameless plugs, Thralni.
I'm sorry, but I really had to. My mood was to good not to say it. Sorry.

However, to give this post some use: Is there any other site known here who has the smae information? And I don't mean all these other sites who have a map of Upper Avernum.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 5274
Profile #12
quote:
Does anyone actually know what happened to Silver and his (her?) maps & info? I'm on Avernum 2 now, but I'd love to see that site come back.
Is he out there? Did he lose jpgs? Does he need space to put the stuff back up? Was all the work just too much for a while? Could we help?

From what I remember Silver had a death in the family a few months or weeks before ceasing to update. Either way he didn't update it for a year or two and eventually it went offline. Wish that wasn't the case

--------------------
I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #13
quote:

Yep, I already put in that plea. One-post accounts are depressing.
indeed they are but at least they add numbers to total forumers,wich amke me remember,phitras was the last registered forumer until today, maffey(?)is the new, phitras was the new about a week ago, very weird
Apprentice
Member # 6358
Profile #14
Although I thank you all for the welcomes, you folks are getting SO off-topic here.

I'm getting the feeling that only Poit actually remembers anything about Silver's disappearance from the web. Anyone else? Anyone know where to find Silver?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by chicho:

(which makes) me remember, (Pythras) was the last registered forumer until today, maffey(?)is the new, (Pythras) was the new about a week ago, very weird

(edited for the sake of clarity)
How is that weird? Just wondering.

And to Nana Sarah, I have no idea where (or for that matter, who) Silver is.

--------------------

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #16
We don't really know anything - all we know is that all of a sudden, his site just went down.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6358
Profile #17
Well, if nothing else, maybe he will stop by here sometime and see that we miss his site. I know that anything so detailed is a lot of work. Maybe he just got too many questions and criticisms, and not enough kudos. Maybe he just moved on. If he stops here, I hope he'll solve my small mystery.
Apprentice
Member # 6378
Profile #18
Hey Im new here but ive been playing avernum for about 3 years now So i guess i know a little about it, Are you guys talking about Moding the game with new tile-sets? If so its not that hard, ive added a few chrs, it will only take you about an hour and thirty minites for a chr and even less for the Levels(Uber easy to do the levels)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #19
Hm... never even thought mod-ing Avernum was possible, much less worthwhile. But no, we were talking about the more-or-less official site for maps of Avernum, which has been down for quite some time.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #20
i never saw that maps anyway,when i found the link in SW page "the page cannot be displayed"
i hope that they would be good or anyway no one should be so worried about this...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #21
Actually, the maps were of rather high quality. However, I don't think there are any other really good map sites for Avernum out there.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #22
there are, but not for avernum 2. (rache's a3 site, for example)

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!