exactly what does skribane?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: exactly what does skribane?
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #0
in the game always is said that is bad, but i never knew what the heck the skribane does of bad
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #1
You can become addicted to it if you have enough.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #2
addicted means when youve consumed a whole lot of skribbane, you start losing health if you stop. after some time that will stagnate and you will eventually be cured (if you survive).

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
Skribbane makes you hiiiiiiiiiigh! *gigle*

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #4
Skibbane increases your hitpoints over the normal maximum when you use it, use it too much and you get addicted though <points to all the stoners in gale>
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #5
Why would Skribbane come in bottled form, anyway? I seem to remember someone processing raw Skribbane (plant form) in a nook between two hills and a river. If the processed form is more powerful than the raw version, shouldn't it come in a powder or other, non-diluted-by-water form?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
As the resident skribbane expert, I can explain. Skribbane's intoxicating chemicals are contained in its leaves and are most potent when extracted from the rest of the plant. That is why skribbane is sold in bottles. It is diluted because extraction leaves it dissolved in something, but not all dilutions are the same. For timid first-time users, a much more dilute form is recommended. More experienced enjoyers of skribbane (may they die a thousand deaths for taking it from me!) often prefer the pure extract with no added solvent or a combination of skribbane and hard liquor.

—Alorael, who is under the impression that Gale's zombies were so completely dysfunctional by A3 that they were willing to pay exhorbitant prices even for the raw leaves. E3's Gale residents were still coherent enough to demand a finished product.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #7
i think alorael said quite much all there is to say.
but maybe i might add that you can take every drug in many different ways. you can chew it, eat it, smoke it, drip it (in your eyes for example), rub it, drink it, inject it, and a few you can lick. sry if i missed one.
the most effective two are drinking and injecting.
i assume the skribbane in avernum is possible to take in all of these forms, therefore i finally can make a question that keeps this post from me getting canned:
why cant the player take skribbane in all these other nice ways or someone process it into the according forms? imagine buying/pick leaves on bigail and sell it in injections in gale.... mmhhhhh......

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Rent-an-Ihrno:

but maybe i might add that you can take every drug in many different ways. you can chew it, eat it, smoke it, drip it (in your eyes for example), rub it, drink it, inject it, and a few you can lick. sry if i missed one.
You missed at least two routes of administration, but neither bears thinking about and one is only available to half the population.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #9
Doesn't Skribbane also increase your spell points above maximum? (I used 20+ once just to see what it did, but that was a _long_ time ago, so my memory may be serving me poorly.)

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
I find it interesting that Thuryl jumped to the interesting ones before noticing that snorted drugs aren't on the list. And while dripping is ambiguous (eye drops or IV drip?), dripping into ears could indeed be a very fun and rewarding way to take drugs!

—Alorael, who wonders now if aural skribbane goes better with trance or ska. He's tried it with Handel, and while the result is interesting, it isn't an experience he would care to repeat.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
Come to think of it, there's also inhalation. Admittedly, this is pretty similar to smoking, only without necessarily setting anything on fire.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!