Buying a house...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Buying a house...
Apprentice
Member # 4932
Profile #0
When you go to the A3 main page and read it you can find:

"Avernum 3 is a massive and open-ended game. You can save the world or work as a merchant. You can buy a house or go on one of many side adventures. You can hurry to save the cities, or sit back and watch them crumble. Whatever you choose, Avernum 3 promises a massive and engaging adventure which will gladly absorb all the hours you can spare."

I can figure out the merchant bit, and the adventure bit also, but i can't figure out how to "buy" a house, and can we customize it or are u stuck with what you get?

--------------------
-Kelar of the Blue Traken Druid Order
Ambrosia SW Webboards Acoount name: Dark Jet
I post under The EV and Cythera Boards...
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #1
The only house you can buy is Hawke's Manse and is in Lorelei. I'm pretty sure you buy it from Lyle at Internal Affairs, and it costs 8000 coins. As for customizing, you can't do much. You really can only add and remove items from the Manse. There are a few good items in Hawke's Manse, though.

--------------------
Ex-member-#2475.
Post count = 406 + whatever it says below.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #2
Don't forget to mention that the house is haunted with the ghost of the formal owner! :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #3
But that adds all of the charm to the house.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #4
What was the point of the house being haunted? Is it a side quest or something? Or is it just to lead me to the goodies in the house?

By the way, kill the house maid if you can. It's cool. =>
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #5
Kinda weird at the same time, but entertaining none the less.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #6
Hawke's ghost allows you to get the Alien Blade. You can't get it unless he's in the statue room. Oh and also, don't try killing the maid unless you've saved recently.

--------------------
Ex-member-#2475.
Post count = 406 + whatever it says below.
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #7
okay i'm too lazy to go back and load up save games... so can some 1 tell me what happens if you kill the maid?

--------------------
Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.
[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L Here (.zip, 103kb)
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #8
Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The curse on the house is lifted, you turn in to a bird, the game then ends.

Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apprentice
Member # 4902
Profile #9
8000 Coins might seem like a lot, but I personally find it to be a worthwhile investment:

-Just the fact that you have your very own house to explore, and "decorate", and plunder (none of this "NY" crap here :P ), is pretty sweet to begin with.

-Toss in the fact that the game rewards you with a couple of nice items if you do purchase Hawk's Manse, and...

-The place is the Ultimate Inn: no cost, and FULL HP and MP restoration every time you sleep there. Oh, and you get a room to leave a character behind in, so it doubles as a "barracks" as well.

-Finally, it makes a convenient location to drop stuff you're not using but don't want to sell. Those little side rooms off the foyer make great dumping zones.

I guess it's sort of misleading, because in that promotional blurb for the game, they make it sound like you have several houses to choose from, instead of just one, but oh well. I'd rather have one choice than none at all, you know?

--------------------
Your training was extensive...
"This... is a tree!"
"...what's it for?"
...and confusing.
---Avernum 3 Intro