GIFTS: Love them, or hate them. Which will it be?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: GIFTS: Love them, or hate them. Which will it be?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #0
Well, you got two main choices.
This poll has been moved to another forum.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #1
gotta love 'em. who can resist that cheery absent-minded temperament?

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #2
Who doesn’t like them? Their quotes are the best. How can you not like someone following you around saying “Your cute”?

[ Saturday, July 03, 2004 10:14: Message edited by: A guy with pretty good grammar ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #3
So far, as of 14 voters, no one does not want GIFTS in other games, and the lowest it has gone is so-so.
Wow. I thought people found them irritating. It even says in BoA scen VoDT that not much is more irritating then the GIFTS.
Well, universal laws indicate SOMEONE will hate them:)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #4
Theyre impossible to hate! Theyre too nice.Only a truely heartless person would hate cute spiders :P

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #5
The GIFTS scare my dad.........But you have to admit that they're one of the most awesome things that Spiderweb Software has come up with.

The Giant Inteligent Friendly Talking Roaches, however, were kinda creepy. ~_~

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Arrna:

Theyre impossible to hate! Theyre too nice.Only a truely heartless person would hate cute spiders :P
Im heartless, and I still love them ;)
A person has to go REALLY low(or get really high) to hate them.
Apprentice
Member # 4062
Profile #7
I love the Spiders, especially compared to the Areanas... I just don't want them in any other games. We should have something equally unique and annoying :P
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #8
According to the results, I must quote myself. I said Universal Law indicates somone will hate them.
And I was right. Someone hates the GIFTS.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #9
I love them! If I lived in Valorim, I'd make sure I'd go over for tea and help them catch their 'big bugs'. Then we could eat them! Just joking! I'd have a hot fudge sundae. ;)

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #10
I wouldn't not want them in every scenario, but I wouldn't want them particularly much either. I lkie them - but I sometimes just want to blast them all to smithereens because they're so cheery. Honestly, it could be Armageddeon and they would still be cheery!!!

- Magic is the TRUE Power

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:

I wouldn't not want them in every scenario, but I wouldn't want them particularly much either. I lkie them - but I sometimes just want to blast them all to smithereens because they're so cheery. Honestly, it could be Armageddeon and they would still be cheery!!!

- Magic is the TRUE Power

I made a small little, 'adjustment' to the custom items in VoDT(then changed it back again after I was done) where the player could pick up a potion of quickfire in the GIFT cave. :D I used the quickfire, there was QUICKFIRE flying through their TUNNELS, KILLING THEM! I talked to ONE! and he said 'Hi! Your cute!' in a CHEERY voice. So yes Mr.Archmagi Micael, they WOULD be cheery in Armageddeon! :eek: :D
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #12
Thanks for checking it out. Did you make a new potion for it or not? because I haven't seen any Quickfire Potion in the Editor.

- Magic RULES!

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #13
I usually don't trifle myself with puny insects but they did help the surface explorers on the Isle of Bigail so I kind of tolerate them. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #14
let me get this straight. you guys are all crazy 4about GIFTS.ok. i find them mildly annoying. how the hell am i supposed to differentiate between the? at times that gets annoying . :mad:

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #15
quote:

Thanks for checking it out. Did you make a new potion for it or not? because I haven't seen any Quickfire Potion in the Editor.

- Magic RULES!

Yes, your right about making it up, its a simple script, and very dangoures too. It makes quickfire where the drinker is. It's a custom item from a scenerio im working on.

EDIT: Whats with the sad face for your last post. I thought it was quite funny...

EDIT 2:
quote:
Originally written by vahnatai_hell_fyre:

let me get this straight. you guys are all crazy 4about GIFTS.ok. i find them mildly annoying. how the hell am i supposed to differentiate between the? at times that gets annoying . :mad:
how the hell am i supposed to differentiate between the? at times

There is a very easy way to tell a GIFTS appart from a question mark. You see, one as a swirl and a dot, and the other has 6-8 legs and runs around saying 'your cute' :D
Im just joking with you man ;) Really, I dont understand what you mean.

[ Friday, July 09, 2004 17:14: Message edited by: GIFTSare2dumb ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #16
Just for a thought, who voted that they hate the GIFTS? You dont have to show who you are if you dont want to, but I am curious.
And here is a question that was not on the poll because I just thought it up.
What do you think of the color? Does it suit the GIFTS?
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #17
sorry. that was a miss typo.anyhows i ment how do you differentiate betwen two GIFTs? i find it damn tough. and ya their colour is OK.bt not 2 hoot.

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #18
Kinda like the GIFTC (Cockroaches) better because they aren't as cheery and they've got cooler names.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by vahnatai_hell_fyre:

sorry. that was a miss typo.anyhows i ment how do you differentiate betwen two GIFTs? i find it damn tough. and ya their colour is OK.bt not 2 hoot.
Ok. I understand. Maybe the GIFTS should have bar codes. Then when you get the scanner, you can tell who they are.
Hey. Thats a good idea.... nah...
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #20
Unfortunately, they're all called Spider anyway, so the scanner wouldn't be a great deal of help.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!
Apprentice
Member # 4351
Profile #21
I like them. Really. They're cute!
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #22
no dum dum.wat i wanna kno is that why dosent find it pissin off that it takes about a minute to find the correct spider/roach??it buggs me.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by GIFTSare2dumb:

quote:

- Magic RULES!

Yes, your right about making it up, its a simple script, and very dangoures too. It makes quickfire where the drinker is. It's a custom item from a scenerio im working on.

EDIT: Whats with the sad face for your last post. I thought it was quite funny...

I had a sad face because I don't know how to make custom items. All my attempts end up in total, miserable failure... :(

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #24
You think your scripts end up that way, Archimage Micael, but look at some of mine. One is where a wand would transform a foe into another one. It ended up killing the party member that was first in line :(
you will get the hang of it, eventually.

Pages