is levelling creations really useful?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: is levelling creations really useful?
Apprentice
Member # 6340
Profile Homepage #0
It's stated so in loading screens and looks like most of players try to keep their creations alive to level them up. I doubt this is actually useful.
You see, they get skill points, yes, but you can't use that without increasing essence cost! I reaaly don't think 2 pumped-up drayks can be even close to a bunch of five with 2 exra int only I've used to smash through the game. Besides, trying to keep creatures cancels out absorb usefulness and doesn't let you to explore all of your shaper abilities to the fullest extent. So, why is everyone so hanging to their pawns? Can there be an explanation?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
A few people swear by hanging on to old creations and building up their stats, but in general you're right; it's better to keep a large number of creations with close to minimal stats (+2 Int, of course), and reabsorb them and create new ones every time your relevant shaping skills improve.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
Yes. Or don't use creations at all.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
If he's going around with five Drayks, he's probably a Shaper. Going entirely without creations is not the most viable of strategies for that class. :P

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Apprentice
Member # 6311
Profile #4
Creations gain 1 pt. to all stats every 2 levels ( this is automatic, you do not pay extra essence for this ). So if a creation has been alive a while and leveled up a lot, it could be stronger than a new one you create. But if you have a lot of +to shaping items or recently spent points on your shaping skills, the new creation could be stronger. Some people use weaker creations from the beginning and by adding a few extra points and keeping them alive, they have a strong creation for a cheaper essence cost. Basicly it all depends on your personal preference and style of playing.
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #5
im a shaper level 61 with 1950 essence :D first you join the takers then do shift+d at the same time then type clearallsects and keep joining to lvl you and ur lil monsters, i got 4 eye beasts and a ur drakon :D dont really want me as an enemy eh? :eek: and they are all level 59+ and my top hit is eye beast hits 400 so yeh its important to level up creatures and its a awesome way to kill things to ;)

[ Monday, October 03, 2005 10:56: Message edited by: green kid ]

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #6
Don't know if the question is still relevant, but if it is:

Blueman's point is the main reason to keep your creations alive longer. The extra stats creatures gain from levelling up (with no extra essence investment) compensate for the difference between them and newer creatures. Two fyoras that were with you from the start of the game can hit as hard as a dryak for a fraction of the cost, even if you don't improve any of their stats. (Dryaks are still better if you've got the essence for them, but if you have an extra creature slot, that old fyora is still useful.)

[ Monday, October 03, 2005 12:28: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 6382
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by green kid:

im a shaper level 61 with 1950 essence :D first you join the takers then do shift+d at the same time then type clearallsects and keep joining to lvl you and ur lil monsters, i got 4 eye beasts and a ur drakon :D dont really want me as an enemy eh? :eek: and they are all level 59+ and my top hit is eye beast hits 400 so yeh its important to level up creatures and its a awesome way to kill things to ;)
Yes but that is what we call cheating and cheating is for people who are weak
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Akharzi_Bow:

quote:
Originally written by green kid:

Yes but that is what we call cheating and cheating is for people who are weak

or for people who are stuck. or for people who forgot to save the game before some idiot started a fight.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Blueman's point is the main reason to keep your creations alive longer. The extra stats creatures gain from levelling up (with no extra essence investment) compensate for the difference between them and newer creatures. Two fyoras that were with you from the start of the game can hit as hard as a dryak for a fraction of the cost, even if you don't improve any of their stats. (Dryaks are still better if you've got the essence for them, but if you have an extra creature slot, that old fyora is still useful.)

Leveling up creations are helpful. 1 stat each every two level. and more hit point. Hit points=base value+ endurance*level. But we you have better creations available, replace the older ones immediately. A fyoras that was with you from the start of the game is likely to have similar level and stats with your newly crafted drayk, but it does less half of the damage and much easier to be killed. Powerful creatins are well worth the essence cost except eyebeast and ur-rotgroth compared with gazer and rotgroth.
Apprentice
Member # 6329
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Hume:

quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Leveling up creations are helpful. 1 stat each every two level. and more hit point. Hit points=base value+ endurance*level. But we you have better creations available, replace the older ones immediately. A fyoras that was with you from the start of the game is likely to have similar level and stats with your newly crafted drayk, but it does less half of the damage and much easier to be killed. Powerful creatins are well worth the essence cost except eyebeast and ur-rotgroth compared with gazer and rotgroth.

The stronger version of rotghroths are Rodhizons, and how do you know that eyebeasts are worse then gazers? Gazers are really overpowered, and when you make an Eyebeast, you get several bonus levels, and an Eyebeast uses Aura of Flames, damages all enimes in screen for the power of Kill, although at twice the spell energy.

In GF 1 , it may be a good idea to reshape often as creations at the same level are far stronger than creations in GF2 and GF3. (In GF 1, every level your creations are when shaped gives them +1 to all stats for the base essence cost, making shapers extreamly powerful) In GF2 and 3, its your own choice, as sometimes you will find new creations better, but I suggest as long as you're a shaper, don't stick with tier one creations. They get bad quickly. Stick with tier 2 creations for roughly 1/3 of the game, until you can shape dryaks, which aren't so good now since they are extreamly inaccurate now, but their firebolt still does amazing damage.

My guide for what to do with creations:

Fyora: Keep it until you find something you like more.

Cyora: Use it on fire resistant enemies and other annoying enemies.

Thahd: Instant cannon-fodder.

Thahd Shade: More evasive cannon-fodder.

Artila: Only use it if you're a stratigist.

Searing Artila: Quite useful and more evasive.

Roamers: Semi-useful.

Pyroroamers: A joke, use it for fun.

Clawbugs: You'll never need it.

Plated Bug: Unless you can give it incredible strength, then useless.

Vlish: VERY NICE!!! Kill all your old and weak creations once you get it!!! Its great!

Terror Vlish: Good for stratigists.

Drayks: KILL YOUR CREATIONS FOR IT!!! THIS IS OVERPOWERED... but mind its accuracy in GF3 is very low.

Cyrodrayks: Useful in GF 1 & 2.

Battle Alphas: Useless... cannon-fodder.

Battle Betas: More expensive cannon-fodder.

Glaahk: WAAAAAAY to expensive!!! Not useful enough... In GF 1 & 2 its ok, though.

Ur-Glaahk: INSANLY EXPENSIVE!!! USE GLAAHKS AND DRYAKS INSEAD!!!

Drakons: Too expensive, not worth it. (but powerful)

Ur-Drakons: Unless you really like jeweled spray, you don't need it. (powerful) (never used before)

Rotghroth: Powerful with quick action, high acuracy, parry, and good stunning, slowing damage.Use it until you have Gazers.

Rodhizons: Never used Before. I assume its not worth it.

Gazers: Argubly the best creation in the game. GET IT NOW!!!

Eyebeast: (never used) I assume its really useful for high leveled shapers with tons of essence and intelligence.

Phew... that was long!!!

[ Sunday, October 09, 2005 21:37: Message edited by: hooh ]
Posts: 34 | Registered: Wednesday, September 21 2005 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #11
:( I'm still going around with the same three Fyoras that I had at the beginning >.< But hey, they kick ass

--------------------
Bandit: Hey Bob, why aren't we running after them?

Archer Bob: Cuz if dose n00bz run dey got no gud ****.

Bandit:oh

Bob: And that isn't a cave, its a dragon...
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #12
no, nobody likes the vlish? I spent a game with 4 terror vlish and 3 searing artila. The vlish disperse crowds rather well and the artila get rid of tough opponents quickly.

--------------------
I've remained focused on what i believe in, which is melodic metal. It's not just a passing phase, it's a way of life!
-Jon Schaffer

And when I laugh it's tears I hide
And when I cry it's joy inside
A foul disease has stained the land
The bitter harvest of a dying bloom
And when I cry it's joy inside
A wicked smile for all the tears I hide
It hurts to hold all the pain I feel
The bitter harvest of a dying bloom
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #13
Yes, the poison of an artila is really powerful - if you hit.

When I play as a shaper, I usually have one artila, two thads and two fyoras. It's out of topic, but it works well in the beginning. Alas, I suppose I could find a better strategy as I learn to make new creations. Gazers sounds like a good run.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.